1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Multi window viewing

Why can't we get this on the DNA? Or at least the ability to play youtube videos in the background???

Default Re: Multi window viewing

I think it's because this feature is exclusive to Samsung and it's firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

The opt g has a function that does this as well. I love HTC. They are just lacking in features.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Privacy is overrated :P

Not sure about patent on multi window, but it's not just Samsung as Irvgotti mentioned it's on the OPT-G as well. Saw that on a commercial and was hmm that might be nice, I'd looked at a note2 before going to DNA which had it, though I think there would be limited uses (but good ones when they applied). I think to use this feature a phone would need to have enough real-estate like the DNA/Note2, we'll see how many phones come along in ubersize this year and this feature may become more mainstream, I had thought someone at xda would have hacked this for the DNA but nada..
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i agree a huge screen is necessary for split screen but there was another phone I saw, can't remember which, that would allow you to play youtube videos while doing other things, maybe in a small corner window. I use my phone to stream music a lot and when someone requests a song i don't have i play it through youtube. but then i can't keep playing it in the background while i do anything else. very annoying.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

The DNA is big enough for the multi view. Its coming to the s3 I believe. I figured someone would have made an app for it. Its not a must have, but its very nice to have if you wanted to use it

Default Multi window viewing

I would be surprised if HTC doesn't implement something similar in the next sense. Even if it was just a video overlay thing like LG uses.

ROM
    Stock

There is an app called pop up video(something like that anyways) thats lets you view vids on any android phone. As for it being very stable? I dunno, I tried it once when I had my evo 3d and made it crash, but maybe you guys'll have better luck with the whole quad core stuff going on. But as for multi window its a Samsung feature and not jellybean or android for that matter as some of the guys have said.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Multi window viewing-uploadfromtaptalk1358723438739.jpg  

I use these 2 Apps:
    -Pop-up Browser-->
    -Super Video-->

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

Nice options, but i don't believe that those would work with native google apps like movies would it?

Quote Originally Posted by alcor34 View Post
    Nice options, but i don't believe that those would work with native google apps like movies would it?
    Not the "Play Store Movies" App but general movies, yes & YouTube yes.

Its a shame we have this big beauty of a screen and can't do the multi view. Although to be a hundred % honest if we had it available not sure that I would utilize it that much.
    I worked with a crew that all had note 2's and s3's and showed the feature off when they first got the devices but never seemed to use it.

It'd be nice to have it as a stock feature, but there are enough 'hover' apps to keep me satisfied; the only one I really use--and not that often--is Hovernote, but I use it more on my tablet than my phone. It'd be nice if Chrome had the ability to run multiple pages simultaneously, even background pages--e.g. while you're looking up something on one page, you could still listen to your YT video in the other without having to keep ti open.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

IRV what are u using to run the youtube player and what launcher are you using to resize that screen so beautifully?

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by italiiano View Post
    IRV what are u using to run the youtube player and what launcher are you using to resize that screen so beautifully?
    I'm using nova launcher. But I'm rooted using the 320dpi rom. Makes stuff smaller. But also using floating youtube player. And pop up browser. I only use the youtube player tho. I hate when I'm on YouTube and have to exit out to text. Now I can do both