How Many Of You Are Using An After Market Launcher?...

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
After reading rave after rave about Nova Launcher I decided to take the plunge. I'm not very techy so I had some fears that I would be overwhelmed by all the complexity but I have to say the process of switching over was pretty painless. And now I can see what everyone is raving about. The degree of flexibility and customization is amazing. The changes are not revolutionary, mind you, but it's great to have additional flexibility regarding appearance and icon/app/widget behavior.

Any of you opting for an after market launcher go for anything other than Nova?

If so, why?

liquid29

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using Holo. I was on Apex, but it crashed all the time, and Nova seemed to struggle quite a bit too, so ultimately Holo won by being able to run solidly.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
ADW here, Can modify number of columns/rows, has transparency and reflections, used with multi live wallpaper and Amazing text I get a lot of comments on the design.. how'd u do that it's pretty cool... sorry I'm 'senseless' (or at least up front it's always running)

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's Nova launcher for me. I tried the Sense launcher for all but five minutes before I decided I wanted to customize my home screen to a much greater degree than what stock Sense offered. I've also pretty much disabled the lock screen since everything I need to access is on my primary home screen anyway.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What does Nova Prime add that the free version cannot do?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher&token=ZQVIheMd

Nova Launcher Prime unlocks the following features in Nova Launcher:
Drawer Groups:
Folders in App Drawer
Unlimited custom tabs
Organize apps into tabs and folders in the app drawer

Gestures
Quickly start Nova Actions or Apps from gestures on the desktop, such as pinching, swiping or two-finger swiping.
Hide Apps
Keep a clutter free drawer by hidding never used apps.

Dock Swipes
Get more use out of your dock apps by setting swipe-actions

Unread Counts
Never miss an email. Unread count badges for SMS, Missed calls, Gmail, Email, Google Voice and more. Counts show in the dock, desktop, drawer and folders.

More Scroll Effects

Permissions:
Access Widget Data: This is in order to display the widget and widget's data to you. This dialog/permission is new in Jellybean. The data is not used for anything aside from displaying it.
Internet/Network State/Wifi State: Optional & Anonymous error/usage reporting. Download of opt-in Beta updates.

Directly call phone numbers: Only used if you place a direct-dial shortcut on the homescreen.

Wallpaper/Vibrate/Status Bar/Choose Widgets: Standard Launcher functions

USB (SD) Storage: Backup/restore and beta updates

Retrieve Running Apps: Used by Aggressive Desktop setting and to warn in settings when multiple launchers are running in history.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Nova Launcher Prime. I switched from Apex to Nova, much quicker and snappier. The ability to scroll through the dock is nice too.

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have nova, bought it during Play Store sale for like 50cents or something, but it bugs me that the folder icons are slightly bigger than the app icons.... Plus I like Android Music Player and you can't use it without Sense...... So, I don't really use it..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000