Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By PsychDoc
  • 1 Post By mclarryjr
  • 1 Post By paulmike3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Upstreammiami's Avatar

    Posts
    2,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

    Default How do I remove this?

    Wuzup guys just got my DNA yesterday (yes I'm back on Verizon) got one small question how do I remove this notification telling me to turn wifi on



    FYI I will be adding my root service to the DNA community as soon as I get my new laptop.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do I remove this?-uploadfromtaptalk1358340823420.jpg  
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How do I remove this?

    There is no way to remove the wifi prompt. Not without rooting your phone at least. Just another example of maufacturers trying to "help us" even if it's clear most of us don't want or need that kind of "help."

    "The road to hell...."
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Upstreammiami's Avatar

    Posts
    2,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

    Default Re: How do I remove this?

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    There is no way to remove the wifi prompt. Not without rooting your phone at least. Just another example of maufacturers trying to "help us" even if it's clear most of us don't want or need that kind of "help."

    "The road to hell...."
    Great thanks, I might just run stock till the weekend

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  4. #4  
    mclarryjr's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,727 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

    Default Re: How do I remove this?

    UKB rom has that notification removed and is one of the best roms out IMO until the new Viper rom drops which should be soon. Check then out over at xda.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Upstreammiami likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: How do I remove this?

    You can't remove it permanently yet without root, but you can disable it until a reboot. Long press the notification -> App Info - -> Force Stop. You're now good until you reboot.
    Thanked by 2:
    Upstreammiami likes this.
  6. #6  
    streetstrip01's Avatar
    Legalized Drug Dealer

    Posts
    297 Posts

    Default Re: How do I remove this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    Wuzup guys just got my DNA yesterday (yes I'm back on Verizon) got one small question how do I remove this notification telling me to turn wifi on



    FYI I will be adding my root service to the DNA community as soon as I get my new laptop.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Awesome, can't wait.
    -Matt

    HTC DNA
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How do I remove this?

    Here:

    BTW, how did you get those power controls in your notification bar?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How do I remove this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Royce Guo View Post

    BTW, how did you get those power controls in your notification bar?
  9. #9  
    atakin77's Avatar

    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ROM
    CND 1.3.3

    Default Re: How do I remove this?

    Great widget, thanks for the app! Been missing good toggle switches in the pull down bar since my nexus!. Quick question maybe you can answer... There is a setting to show battery percentage instead of a blank space. Is there a way for this not to occupy space if the battery percentage is not shown? Right now it takes up a spot on the bar at the top whether or not the battery percentage is shown to the far right... Please let me know if you can give some guidance...

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default Re: How do I remove this?

    Try this for a customized StatusBar-->
  11. #11  

    Default Re: How do I remove this?

    This phone looks amazing. Will any of you switch to the rumored m7 which looks like a dna on steroids? If I could afford Verizon I would have given this phone a chance over the note 2.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Upstreammiami's Avatar

    Posts
    2,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

    Default Re: How do I remove this?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    This phone looks amazing. Will any of you switch to the rumored m7 which looks like a dna on steroids? If I could afford Verizon I would have given this phone a chance over the note 2.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    Steroids? Don't see much difference besides new sense and 13mp camera. So no I won't change.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

Similar Threads

  1. emails display full link url - how do i remove this?
    By davidmc8 in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 01:42 PM
  2. How do you remove shortcuts from the home screen?
    By thistlefly in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 03:11 PM
  3. How do I remove email addresses...
    By 0REDSOX7 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 12:50 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 03:14 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 05:52 PM

Posting Permissions

B