Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 109
Like Tree69Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    Really!.........Really dude convince you to switch from an iPhone 5 to DNA....Really!

    GET THE PHONE IT WILL BLOW YOUR EYES!!

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    My buddy with an iphone 5 refused to admit my screen was better. He goes "meh its okay, plus you cant even facetime". Lol really dude? Facetime? Stupid.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  2. #27  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    Really!.........Really dude convince you to switch from an iPhone 5 to DNA....Really!

    GET THE PHONE IT WILL BLOW YOUR EYES!!

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    UPSTREAM!! whats up man long time no see!

    Quote Originally Posted by croppz View Post
    My buddy with an iphone 5 refused to admit my screen was better. He goes "meh its okay, plus you cant even facetime". Lol really dude? Facetime? Stupid.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Doesnt the DNA have front facing camera? did you say yeah but i can skype, tango, oovoo, or camfrog?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    UPSTREAM!! whats up man long time no see!



    Doesnt the DNA have front facing camera? did you say yeah but i can skype, tango, oovoo, or camfrog?
    It does and it also shoots in HD if I remember correctly. . But no I didn't say anything about that...didn't feel the need to get in a debate with a brainwashed apple user (which he is, he may as well lead the herd. lol.) Glad I didn't get sucked in to the herd when I had my iPhone 4.
  4. #29  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by croppz View Post
    It does and it also shoots in HD if I remember correctly. . But no I didn't say anything about that...didn't feel the need to get in a debate with a brainwashed apple user (which he is, he may as well lead the herd. lol.) Glad I didn't get sucked in to the herd when I had my iPhone 4.
    Lol im not much better, im a Samsung "Fanboy" and as Jerry put it "You are just a number to them, a filthy meat-sack that carries a wallet."
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Lol im not much better, im a Samsung "Fanboy" and as Jerry put it "You are just a number to them, a filthy meat-sack that carries a wallet."
    Yeah, I came back to the darkside after going from my D2 to iOS. Bad move on my part. I'm already being labeled as a "fanboy" by my apple buddies ahhahah.
  6. #31  
    nextcity's Avatar

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Keep your iphone. The Droid DNA sucks. Android sucks. This forum sucks. Everyone on this forum sucks. America sucks.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by nextcity View Post
    Keep your iphone. The Droid DNA sucks. Android sucks. This forum sucks. Everyone on this forum sucks. America sucks.
    Merica!
    johnriii, Rizz1-2 and revtech like this.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by nextcity View Post
    Keep your iphone. The Droid DNA sucks. Android sucks. This forum sucks. Everyone on this forum sucks. America sucks.
    All I read was "I need attention" lol
    Thanked by:
    Tidey_ 
    SphincterBoy, Rizz1-2 and Tidey_ like this.
  9. #34  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRicks84 View Post
    All I read was "I need attention" lol
    Lol

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Darth Spock likes this.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    I'm on the Bionic right now but I want the DNA. I played around with it a couple times extensively in the store and was blown away by it. Only thing is... I would be paying full retail price as my contract isn't up till June and that's with my early upgrade. I may wait cause I kind of want to see what else is out by then like the Motorola X phone or the new Nexus but right now... if I needed a new phone... the DNA is my top pick!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by croppz View Post
    Rip the usb cover off lol. Thats the first thing i did when I got mine.
    I like the cover because I do wireless charging. Another cool DNA feature. Keeps the phone nice and clean looking.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by SphincterBoy View Post
    I like the cover because I do wireless charging. Another cool DNA feature. Keeps the phone nice and clean looking.
    Wasnt aware you needed the cover for wireless charging? But i get what youre saying

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    what he meant is he doesn't need the micro usb port ;-)
    Like me, we just keep it covered like it's not there..
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by jamdmyers View Post
    what he meant is he doesn't need the micro usb port ;-)
    Like me, we just keep it covered like it's not there..
    Haha gotcha. I need to get that wireless charging stand myself.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    I charged the phone to 100% and let it sit overnight for about 7.5 hours. When I woke up, it was at 86%. The battery life leaves something to be desired IMO.
    iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S II for 10 days, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Droid DNA for 2 days, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by dch176 View Post
    I charged the phone to 100% and let it sit overnight for about 7.5 hours. When I woke up, it was at 86%. The battery life leaves something to be desired IMO.
    You can leave it on the charger. Once it hits "full" it just runs off the AC and doesnt charge the battery. Sort of like a trickle charger. And fwiw, ive been averaging around 11-13 hours to a charge. For this device, thats not bad at all.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by croppz View Post
    You can leave it on the charger. Once it hits "full" it just runs off the AC and doesnt charge the battery. Sort of like a trickle charger. And fwiw, ive been averaging around 11-13 hours to a charge. For this device, thats not bad at all.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Right. I'm not an *****. I wanted to see how much the battery drained with no activity whatsoever.
    iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S II for 10 days, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Droid DNA for 2 days, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by SphincterBoy View Post
    I like the cover because I do wireless charging. Another cool DNA feature. Keeps the phone nice and clean looking.
    Agreed. My evo was always getting lint in the USB port. With the DNA and wireless charging there is no reason to have the port exposed. I like wireless charging so much I am having it built into a drawer where I will dropoff my phone.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Try these two things on your iPhone then return here:

    1. Change the default browser from Safari to a different browser.

    2. Email yourself a pdf file and then open the file in a different app.


    OK... now that you're back, I apologize for asking you to do something on your iPhone that you can't do. iOS wont let you change default app settings nor does it let apps share information with each other. The DNA... and for that matter, any android phone, will let you change the default app settings and lets apps share files amongst themselves.

    To me the iPhone is a feature phone that happens to run apps. If you want a "smart" phone, go android. The DNA, IMO, has the panache of the iPhone and is tons more smarter.
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Try these two things on your iPhone then return here:

    1. Change the default browser from Safari to a different browser.

    2. Email yourself a pdf file and then open the file in a different app.


    OK... now that you're back, I apologize for asking you to do something on your iPhone that you can't do. iOS wont let you change default app settings nor does it let apps share information with each other. The DNA... and for that matter, any android phone, will let you change the default app settings and lets apps share files amongst themselves.

    To me the iPhone is a feature phone that happens to run apps. If you want a "smart" phone, go android. The DNA, IMO, has the panache of the iPhone and is tons more smarter.
    We also get to enjoy any kind of keyboard we want!!
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Sorry, Droid DNA. This just isn't working out. It's not me. It's you. I'm going back to my ex, the iPhone 5.

    Prefer DNA to iPhone 5:
    -big screen!
    -blaaaaaaaazing fast
    -notifications are better

    Unfortunately, that's pretty much where it ends.

    Deal Breakers:

    -atrociously poor battery life, and slow to recharge too
    -poor screen brightness and weak viewing angles
    -odd cropping of pictures required to set wallpaper
    -hard to access power button
    -lousy sound if watching something without headphones, as the speaker is on the rear of the device

    For me, the iPhone remains the superior device when all things are considered.

    Seacrest, out.
    iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S II for 10 days, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Droid DNA for 2 days, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4
  22. #47  
    Rizz1-2's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Wonder what he was doing with his DNA. Mine lasts as long as my buddies iP5 and I am on it more. I literally have none of these issues, apart from the reach for the power button. Too bad for him I guess...
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by dch176 View Post
    Sorry, Droid DNA. This just isn't working out. It's not me. It's you. I'm going back to my ex, the iPhone 5.

    Prefer DNA to iPhone 5:
    -big screen!
    -blaaaaaaaazing fast
    -notifications are better

    Unfortunately, that's pretty much where it ends.

    Deal Breakers:

    -atrociously poor battery life, and slow to recharge too
    -poor screen brightness and weak viewing angles

    -odd cropping of pictures required to set wallpaper
    -hard to access power button
    -lousy sound if watching something without headphones, as the speaker is on the rear of the device

    For me, the iPhone remains the superior device when all things are considered.

    Seacrest, out.
    Wow... I never heard of this phone having issues with viewing angles or brightness!! As far as battery life, I get 20 hrs with moderate use. Those issues may be a defective phone or the user lol.
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  24. #49  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    Wonder what he was doing with his DNA. Mine lasts as long as my buddies iP5 and I am on it more. I literally have none of these issues, apart from the reach for the power button. Too bad for him I guess...
    Maybe hes watching too much pron on it?? Haha who knows. But mine too lasts as long if not longer than my friends 4s and 5 and I use mine more. Maybe OP is just too used to iOS and doesnt like having to manage stuff himself. And viewing angles, seriously? Also comparable with my old iphone same with brightness.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  25. #50  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by dch176 View Post
    Right. I'm not an *****. I wanted to see how much the battery drained with no activity whatsoever.
    "No activity" doesn't exist. During the night the phone may have been left in a place where mobile signal is week and it had to keep using power to locate a mobile phone tower, also you may have left an app keeping it awake.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Convince me to switch from the gnexus to the note 2!
    By elvisgp in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 12:34 AM
  2. Help Convince Me To Switch!!
    By jtb79 in forum AT&T ATRIX
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 08:20 AM
  3. Convince me to root!:)
    By joshhumada in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 04:13 AM
  4. Convince me to root!:)
    By joshhumada in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 09:44 PM
  5. Convince me to switch from Storm 2 to Incredible...PLEASE
    By ThirstyTurtle in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions