Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 109
Like Tree69Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    "viewing angles" has to be about the most stupid argument I've heard as of yet. And boy did I call this one. If you need "convincing" then you have no compelling reason to switch. Which only leads to complaining
    Thanked by:
    croppz 
    swarlos, MrRicks84 and revtech like this.
  2. #52  
    croppz's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    "viewing angles" has to be about the most stupid argument I've heard as of yet. And boy did I call this one. If you need "convincing" then you have no compelling reason to switch. Which only leads to complaining
    Im convinced he was just looking for a reason to talk crap about it. Typical applehead, he didnt even have it for a week!!!

    I lol'd at viewing angles. If you have trouble looking at this gorgeous screen at any angle then you need your eyes checked.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    luke31 and revtech like this.
  3. #53  

    Default Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by dch176 View Post
    Right. I'm not an *****. I wanted to see how much the battery drained with no activity whatsoever.
    Was it receiving emails and syncing, etc? Because that's not no activity.
  4. #54  

    Default Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Try these two things on your iPhone then return here:

    1. Change the default browser from Safari to a different browser.

    2. Email yourself a pdf file and then open the file in a different app.


    OK... now that you're back, I apologize for asking you to do something on your iPhone that you can't do. iOS wont let you change default app settings nor does it let apps share information with each other. The DNA... and for that matter, any android phone, will let you change the default app settings and lets apps share files amongst themselves.

    To me the iPhone is a feature phone that happens to run apps. If you want a "smart" phone, go android. The DNA, IMO, has the panache of the iPhone and is tons more smarter.
    Just to clarify, with iOS 6 you can open PDFs in any app that has been updated for iOS 6 APIs. Similarly, theres a new 'Open in' option in the iOS sharing menu that will allow you to open most everything in any app that uses the correct APIs. They don't let you set the default browser, but that doesn't matter because they all use safaris rendering engine anyways.
    johnner1999 likes this.
  5. #55  

    Default Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    "viewing angles" has to be about the most stupid argument I've heard as of yet. And boy did I call this one. If you need "convincing" then you have no compelling reason to switch. Which only leads to complaining
    Hey, he tried it. That's more than you get with most people who need convincing. I can see the viewing angle thing though, because of how the glass is designed. That nice curved edge creates some distortion compared to the iPhone or any other phone with a flat face. The brightness complaint I've seen in a few different reviews. (Probably a similar issue to the 3rd gen iPad, where brightness was dialed back to reduce heat output and energy drain)

    In all fairness to him as well, the iPhone 5 is pretty good. I've lived with one since September and have been generally pleased. I definitely wouldn't turn down a DNA though. (It's on the short list for my next phone, though that depends on tmobiles LTE rollout)
  6. #56  
    croppz's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Idk. Something about the 5 feels off to me. I liked my 4 for the most part and definitely looked at the 5 when getting a new phone. It just feels weird to me. I guess they should have made it a little wider as well as longer.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    revtech likes this.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Hey, he tried it. That's more than you get with most people who need convincing. I can see the viewing angle thing though, because of how the glass is designed. That nice curved edge creates some distortion compared to the iPhone or any other phone with a flat face.
    Oh ya, I understand that. But when and why would someone ever want or need to look at their phone at a 60 degree angle. When you're using your phone your looking at the damn thing lol so why would it matter if you can look at it sideways and still read everything on the page? That's the argument I'm trying to make
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Just to clarify, with iOS 6 you can open PDFs in any app that has been updated for iOS 6 APIs. Similarly, theres a new 'Open in' option in the iOS sharing menu that will allow you to open most everything in any app that uses the correct APIs. They don't let you set the default browser, but that doesn't matter because they all use safaris rendering engine anyways.
    I should have made myself more clear..... opening a file from another app is incumbent on the app developer building it into their own app. Not the case with android. Android file opening is like using a computer file browser. Not the same with iOS.

    Huge difference IMO.
  9. #59  
    Upstreammiami's Avatar

    Posts
    2,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    UPSTREAM!! whats up man long time no see!



    Doesnt the DNA have front facing camera? did you say yeah but i can skype, tango, oovoo, or camfrog?
    Yoooo wuzup brotha ..haha yea had a horrible 8 months in Sprint had to come back...

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  10. #60  
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5's Avatar

    Posts
    366 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICE CREAM SAMMICH!

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    I don't understandwhy viewing angles are so important. Do you really want someone else looking at your screen?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  11. #61  
    revtech's Avatar

    Posts
    207 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Hey I have an LG flip-phone, someone convince me to upgrade . . . =)

    /sarcasm

    I call bs, osu sniffed this one out right off, and croppz hit the nail on the head imo
    Thanked by:
    swarlos, johnriii and croppz like this.
  12. #62  
    revtech's Avatar

    Posts
    207 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by SphincterBoy View Post
    Check out this article from CNET someone shared in another thread.

    I think you'll find it quite interesting.
    Funny how the media is all-of-a-sudden willing to talk smack about apple now that steve-o is out of the picture; guess they no longer need to fear his retribution.
  13. #63  
    8100User's Avatar

    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post

    I call bs, osu sniffed this one out right off, and croppz hit the nail on the head imo
    Well, I'm not so sure.

    Certainly some people prefer the iPhone 5, over the DNA, and others prefer the DNA.

    His complaints seems a little weak (battery drains during the night? Seriously?? Turn the friggin phone OFF until you wake up), viewing angles from the side?

    That being said, my son and wife prefer the iPhones (5 and 4S, respectively), and I just don't get it. You couldn't GIVE me an iPhone... the software is soooo dated, no inductive charging, 4" screen, no widgets.... to each his own.
  14. #64  
    croppz's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by shel View Post
    Well, I'm not so sure.

    Certainly some people prefer the iPhone 5, over the DNA, and others prefer the DNA.

    His complaints seems a little weak (battery drains during the night? Seriously?? Turn the friggin phone OFF until you wake up), viewing angles from the side?

    That being said, my son and wife prefer the iPhones (5 and 4S, respectively), and I just don't get it. You couldn't GIVE me an iPhone... the software is soooo dated, no inductive charging, 4" screen, no widgets.... to each his own.
    Oh for sure. My mom loves her iPhone and is getting the 5. My dad had a Droid x2 for a while but he likes things simple so he went to Apple as well, I can respect that. Some people just don't want to have to control everything on their phone.
  15. #65  
    revtech's Avatar

    Posts
    207 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by shel View Post
    Well, I'm not so sure.

    Certainly some people prefer the iPhone 5, over the DNA, and others prefer the DNA.

    His complaints seems a little weak (battery drains during the night? Seriously?? Turn the friggin phone OFF until you wake up), viewing angles from the side?

    That being said, my son and wife prefer the iPhones (5 and 4S, respectively), and I just don't get it. You couldn't GIVE me an iPhone... the software is soooo dated, no inductive charging, 4" screen, no widgets.... to each his own.
    O, I absolutely have no problem, no problem at all, with someone preferring an iphone . . . it just seemed to some of us that the op was a little bit disingenuous; asking 'us' to talk him into it and then having such weak reasons to give it up leaves one wondering/speculating as to his motive . . that's all, just seemed like a very odd encounter (shrug)
    Rizz1-2 likes this.
  16. #66  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    honestly... i write for a well known website about iphones ios blah blah... but to be straight up with you. I got so sick and tired of the whole iOS "experience" and i have alot more fun with androids. Aside from jailbreaking and some other tweaks, thats all you can do. Droids have a cornucopia of different things u can do. Both with display and performance.
  17. #67  
    croppz's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by cmy310 View Post
    honestly... i write for a well known website about iphones ios blah blah... but to be straight up with you. I got so sick and tired of the whole iOS "experience" and i have alot more fun with androids. Aside from jailbreaking and some other tweaks, thats all you can do. Droids have a cornucopia of different things u can do. Both with display and performance.

    Not to mention Jailbreaking an iOS device lets you basically do anything you can do with a stock android device...I don't even need to root my DNA just for that fact.
  18. #68  

    Default Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    I should have made myself more clear..... opening a file from another app is incumbent on the app developer building it into their own app. Not the case with android. Android file opening is like using a computer file browser. Not the same with iOS.

    Huge difference IMO.
    Only sort of. Any app that is updated for ios6 (which is any app you would actually use) can do it.
  19. #69  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Only sort of. Any app that is updated for ios6 (which is any app you would actually use) can do it.
    So you are telling me I can detach the email to a central storage area and use it any app I want to in iOS?
  20. #70  

    Default Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    So you are telling me I can detach the email to a central storage area and use it any app I want to in iOS?
    It doesn't work like that. It works through Apple's share sheets, which are supported by an API. It's like if you don't have a default set in stock android, and it pops up the menu asking which app you want to open it in.
  21. #71  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    I had every Iphone there has been since launch and was bored out of my mind, switched to the DNA and never looked back, very happy so far.

    Sent from my Droid DNA
  22. #72  
    croppz's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeyomiami View Post
    I had every Iphone there has been since launch and was bored out of my mind, switched to the DNA and never looked back, very happy so far.

    Sent from my Droid DNA
    Great choice. I too came from iphone and glad I did.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  23. #73  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by robertelkins View Post
    I don't understandwhy viewing angles are so important. Do you really want someone else looking at your screen?
    Yes at times I do, looking at photos with friends, sharing a you tube vid together, have two people on each side of you being able to actually see what's on the screen clearly is a big benefit , while not a purchase feature in itself it's certainly great to have... hey look at this, hand phone over, pass back... not here!
  24. #74  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    I think before we give the OP too much credit people should click their name and read their previously posts. There is a pretty obvious theme to this person's posts.
  25. #75  

    Default Re: Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

    Quote Originally Posted by nextcity View Post
    Keep your iphone. The Droid DNA sucks. Android sucks. This forum sucks. Everyone on this forum sucks. America sucks.
    Then don't let America's door hit you in the *** when you go back to whatever second rate country you prefer to live in.

    I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Convince me to switch from the gnexus to the note 2!
    By elvisgp in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 12:34 AM
  2. Help Convince Me To Switch!!
    By jtb79 in forum AT&T ATRIX
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 08:20 AM
  3. Convince me to root!:)
    By joshhumada in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 04:13 AM
  4. Convince me to root!:)
    By joshhumada in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 09:44 PM
  5. Convince me to switch from Storm 2 to Incredible...PLEASE
    By ThirstyTurtle in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions