Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

dch176

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
First impressions after playing around for just a brief while:

-very fast...like woah...
-excellent build quality, although power button could be a little more pronounced and I don't dig the USB cover
-screen size is amazing, but it's less bright than the iPhone 5 and has weaker viewing angles

Lots more to see and do before I make any final analysis. I also have to turn off iMessage on my home computer so that I can receive text messages from my friends with iPhones, i.e. most of my friends...

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
First impressions after playing around for just a brief while:

-very fast...like woah...
-excellent build quality, although power button could be a little more pronounced and I don't dig the USB cover
-screen size is amazing, but it's less bright than the iPhone 5 and has weaker viewing angles

Lots more to see and do before I make any final analysis. I also have to turn off iMessage on my home computer so that I can receive text messages from my friends with iPhones, i.e. most of my friends...

Rip the usb cover off lol. Thats the first thing i did when I got mine. And you can turn off autobrightness and crank it up and its just as bright as the iphones haha.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
One thing I like better is being able to use my data while on the phone. Many times I am on the phone with a client and need to refer to their information on Google Drive.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Really!.........Really dude convince you to switch from an iPhone 5 to DNA....Really!

GET THE PHONE IT WILL BLOW YOUR EYES!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 5 ..first to an SG3 and then to the DNA.
Trust me, just playing with the DNA at the store was the most fun I've had with a phone in 4 years. ..I was with apple for the last 4 years.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Really!.........Really dude convince you to switch from an iPhone 5 to DNA....Really!

My buddy with an iphone 5 refused to admit my screen was better. He goes "meh its okay, plus you cant even facetime". Lol really dude? Facetime? Stupid.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

UPSTREAM!! whats up man long time no see!

My buddy with an iphone 5 refused to admit my screen was better. He goes "meh its okay, plus you cant even facetime". Lol really dude? Facetime? Stupid.

Doesnt the DNA have front facing camera? did you say yeah but i can skype, tango, oovoo, or camfrog?

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
UPSTREAM!! whats up man long time no see!

Doesnt the DNA have front facing camera? did you say yeah but i can skype, tango, oovoo, or camfrog?

It does and it also shoots in HD if I remember correctly. . But no I didn't say anything about that...didn't feel the need to get in a debate with a brainwashed apple user (which he is, he may as well lead the herd. lol.) Glad I didn't get sucked in to the herd when I had my iPhone 4.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It does and it also shoots in HD if I remember correctly. . But no I didn't say anything about that...didn't feel the need to get in a debate with a brainwashed apple user (which he is, he may as well lead the herd. lol.) Glad I didn't get sucked in to the herd when I had my iPhone 4.

Lol im not much better, im a Samsung "Fanboy" and as Jerry put it "You are just a number to them, a filthy meat-sack that carries a wallet."

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Lol im not much better, im a Samsung "Fanboy" and as Jerry put it "You are just a number to them, a filthy meat-sack that carries a wallet."

Yeah, I came back to the darkside after going from my D2 to iOS. Bad move on my part. I'm already being labeled as a "fanboy" by my apple buddies ahhahah.

droidprototype

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the Bionic right now but I want the DNA. I played around with it a couple times extensively in the store and was blown away by it. Only thing is... I would be paying full retail price as my contract isn't up till June and that's with my early upgrade. I may wait cause I kind of want to see what else is out by then like the Motorola X phone or the new Nexus but right now... if I needed a new phone... the DNA is my top pick!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dch176

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I charged the phone to 100% and let it sit overnight for about 7.5 hours. When I woke up, it was at 86%. The battery life leaves something to be desired IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad