Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey I have an LG flip-phone, someone convince me to upgrade . . . =)

/sarcasm

I call bs, osu sniffed this one out right off, and croppz hit the nail on the head imo

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I call bs, osu sniffed this one out right off, and croppz hit the nail on the head imo

Well, I'm not so sure.

Certainly some people prefer the iPhone 5, over the DNA, and others prefer the DNA.

His complaints seems a little weak (battery drains during the night? Seriously?? Turn the friggin phone OFF until you wake up), viewing angles from the side?

That being said, my son and wife prefer the iPhones (5 and 4S, respectively), and I just don't get it. You couldn't GIVE me an iPhone... the software is soooo dated, no inductive charging, 4" screen, no widgets.... to each his own.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm not so sure.

Certainly some people prefer the iPhone 5, over the DNA, and others prefer the DNA.

His complaints seems a little weak (battery drains during the night? Seriously?? Turn the friggin phone OFF until you wake up), viewing angles from the side?

That being said, my son and wife prefer the iPhones (5 and 4S, respectively), and I just don't get it. You couldn't GIVE me an iPhone... the software is soooo dated, no inductive charging, 4" screen, no widgets.... to each his own.

Oh for sure. My mom loves her iPhone and is getting the 5. My dad had a Droid x2 for a while but he likes things simple so he went to Apple as well, I can respect that. Some people just don't want to have to control everything on their phone.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm not so sure.

O, I absolutely have no problem, no problem at all, with someone preferring an iphone . . . it just seemed to some of us that the op was a little bit disingenuous; asking 'us' to talk him into it and then having such weak reasons to give it up leaves one wondering/speculating as to his motive . . that's all, just seemed like a very odd encounter (shrug)

cmy310

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
honestly... i write for a well known website about iphones ios blah blah... but to be straight up with you. I got so sick and tired of the whole iOS "experience" and i have alot more fun with androids. Aside from jailbreaking and some other tweaks, thats all you can do. Droids have a cornucopia of different things u can do. Both with display and performance.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
honestly... i write for a well known website about iphones ios blah blah... but to be straight up with you. I got so sick and tired of the whole iOS "experience" and i have alot more fun with androids. Aside from jailbreaking and some other tweaks, thats all you can do. Droids have a cornucopia of different things u can do. Both with display and performance.

Not to mention Jailbreaking an iOS device lets you basically do anything you can do with a stock android device...I don't even need to root my DNA just for that fact.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I should have made myself more clear..... opening a file from another app is incumbent on the app developer building it into their own app. Not the case with android. Android file opening is like using a computer file browser. Not the same with iOS.

Huge difference IMO.

Only sort of. Any app that is updated for ios6 (which is any app you would actually use) can do it.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So you are telling me I can detach the email to a central storage area and use it any app I want to in iOS?

It doesn't work like that. It works through Apple's share sheets, which are supported by an API. It's like if you don't have a default set in stock android, and it pops up the menu asking which app you want to open it in.

Yeyomiami

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I had every Iphone there has been since launch and was bored out of my mind, switched to the DNA and never looked back, very happy so far.

Sent from my Droid DNA

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I had every Iphone there has been since launch and was bored out of my mind, switched to the DNA and never looked back, very happy so far.

Sent from my Droid DNA

Great choice. I too came from iphone and glad I did.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't understandwhy viewing angles are so important. Do you really want someone else looking at your screen?

Yes at times I do, looking at photos with friends, sharing a you tube vid together, have two people on each side of you being able to actually see what's on the screen clearly is a big benefit , while not a purchase feature in itself it's certainly great to have... hey look at this, hand phone over, pass back... not here!

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I think before we give the OP too much credit people should click their name and read their previously posts. There is a pretty obvious theme to this person's posts.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Keep your iphone. The Droid DNA sucks. Android sucks. This forum sucks. Everyone on this forum sucks. America sucks.

Then don't let America's door hit you in the ass when you go back to whatever second rate country you prefer to live in.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
His complaints seems a little weak (battery drains during the night? Seriously?? Turn the friggin phone OFF until you wake up)

Are you serious? I have never, ever had to turn my iphone 5 or 4 or any other feature phone that I have owned over night to make the battery last. Is the battery that bad on the DNA?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Are you serious? I have never, ever had to turn my iphone 5 or 4 or any other feature phone that I have owned over night to make the battery last. Is the battery that bad on the DNA?

God no. Over a 9 hour night of sleeping I'd say my battery drops maybe 2% if even that. The battery on this thing is great, especially when it is not active.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, Droid DNA. This just isn't working out. It's not me. It's you. I'm going back to my ex, the iPhone 5.

Prefer DNA to iPhone 5:
-big screen!
-blaaaaaaaazing fast
-notifications are better

Unfortunately, that's pretty much where it ends.

Deal Breakers:

-atrociously poor battery life, and slow to recharge too
-poor screen brightness and weak viewing angles
-odd cropping of pictures required to set wallpaper
-hard to access power button
-lousy sound if watching something without headphones, as the speaker is on the rear of the device

For me, the iPhone remains the superior device when all things are considered.

Seacrest, out.

Hey guys I agree with all of you and I'm an iP5 owner LOL just seems like he was trolling, what a waste of another thread.

Jerry was right these threads are stupid and pointless. IMHO.

Glad you guys are happy with your DNAs after owning a TBolt I don't know if I could own another HTC device unless it really wowed me but I have to admit Sense 5 looks schmexy!!!

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Got my DNA today. Was going to get it yesterday, but Verizon was having major computer issues from 4-8 so I wasn't able to.

So far so good. Haven't had a chance to really play with it yet though, since the battery was dead when they went to activate it and I need to go to work soon. It's a HUGE difference (literally) over my iPhone 5, so it's definitely going to take a little getting used to. BIG fan of the hardware and screen though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan