Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By luke31
  • 2 Post By jrwatson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

Default for those with a dna, how do you like the capacitive buttons?

I've been playing with a dna in the store and its so hard to get a good feel for the device when it all locked up and security corded. From what I can tell I really really like the weight/feel/balance/size/etc, but what I can't seem to determine are if the capacitive buttons are an asset or liability. It seems from what I can tell that it would be very easy to accidentally activate them while holding/using the phone. So what do those of you who have it say; yea or nay? is it no problem, minor adjustment, or pita? Thanks

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Default Re: for those with a dna, how do you like the capacitive buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post
    I've been playing with a dna in the store and its so hard to get a good feel for the device when it all locked up and security corded. From what I can tell I really really like the weight/feel/balance/size/etc, but what I can't seem to determine are if the capacitive buttons are an asset or liability. It seems from what I can tell that it would be very easy to accidentally activate them while holding/using the phone. So what do those of you who have it say; yea or nay? is it no problem, minor adjustment, or pita? Thanks
    No adjustment whatsoever. I had a Galaxy Nexus previously, and theyre pretty much the same buttons.the menu button appears when you need it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)
    Thanked by:
    orlanka likes this.

I came from a Tbolt, I had no issues with moving to this format.. maybe 1 day but since you need to adjust to jellybean it's all relevant.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

It's not bad. I have not pressed them in that manner. Its not something you think about. The only thing I had to get use to was the Google now. I would swipe up on the home page button. But to than that. The buttons aren't a problem.
    Privacy is overrated :P
    Thanked by:

I haven't had any issues or many accidental presses with the capacitive keys. However coming from a GNex, I would've preferred onscreen nav buttons instead of these. I find that the DNA's nav buttons sit just a little too low for one handed use. If on-screen buttons were used I could see it be a little more comfortable.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

I haven't really had any issues, I came from a droid 2 which had them and then an iPhone 4 with that one center button. Honestly I like the clean look of no buttons over having a center physical one. That's just me though. On screen buttons would be really nice though, that's the one thing I love about the Galaxy devices.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

No complaints with the capacitive buttons, I've always had them (HTC Driod Incredible, Thunderbolt & Rezound) -- no issues, never in the way.
    Thanked by:

I actually prefer them--they take up less screen real estate, and you always know where they are. On my Nexus 7, the on-screen buttons always rotate; it not only takes up more screen but I find it's a lot easier to accidentally press (e.g. playing games in landscape mode, I find they get in the way). The only issue I have with capacitative buttons is that the backlighting visibly seeps onto the touchscreen in low-light situations.
    Thanked by:
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

They don't bother me at all and I've never accidentally bumped one by mistake.

Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

You get used to the change real quick, maybe a week at the outside

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    Thanked by:

Coming from a Gnex I really wanted on screen buttons again. However, I hit those damn things on accident continuously. They do look cleaner though. I've never hit the DNA buttons on accident though. I'm starting to like them more because like someone stated earlier. I get more screen space this way. Also, if I'm gonna have a somewhat large bezel on the bottom either way, might as well make good use of it and put the buttons there.
    Thanked by:

Had the GN before this and really miss them
    Thanked by: