Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation msm_hisc_host and wlan_rx_wake wakelocks

Does anybody have the same issue I'm having with msm_hisc_host and wlan_rx_wake wakelocks keeping your phone from going to sleep and killing your battery life? These two wakelocks are killing my battery life. My wife and I both have DNAs and roughly the same usage pattern (corporate email, a bunch of texts, scramble with friends, internet browsing and a few phone call throughout the day) and she still has 55% to 70% battery life after 16 hours while I scrambling to find a charger after only 10 hrs. I checked Betterbatterystats and the only difference is msm_hisc_host and keeps my phone awake literally as soon as my screen goes off so my phone never actually goes to sleep. wlan_rx_wake also runs ~66% (currently 2hr 30min of 3hr 45min off the charger) of the time while my screen is off and my phone is suppose to be in deep sleep.

I read a few thread over at XDA and it seems this is a big issue. However, the threads are fairly isolated to the Nexus 4 and only make mention that the DNA has a similar issue inn those threads. There is specific threads to diagnose and fix the DNA.

Does anyone know what could be causing the issues with the 2 wakelocks? And more importantly does anyone know how to fix the issue?

I would also like to add that I've had the phone since release day and have had excellent battery life much inline with my wife's until 2 weeks ago when this problem started. I'm not sure why it would all of a sudden start after almost two months with the phone.

Default Re: msm_hisc_host and wlan_rx_wake wakelocks

I had also the Wlan_rx_wake issue.
    I think there is some ip address conflict somewhere in your router, maybe caused by an recently bought wifi supported device.
    Try resetting your router,
    U can also try to give ur phone a static ip address or even put your phone in the DMZ (not secure)

I had the problem because of a new LAN gaming router connected to an adsl modem/ router and unable to disable DHCP.
    I fixed it by connecting to the adsl router again.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

?I figured out the wlan issue. We have two networks at my office. I was connected to the older one. When I connected to the newer one the issue went away. When I talked to one of my buddies her told me the older network was being phased out as it was specific to our office while the other network was available at all of our offices. In addition it used much older, slower routers. In addition to the error going away, I'm now getting 40 to 45 down.

Now if anyone has any idea how to fix the msm_hsic issue. It ran every of the 8+ hours my screen was off today and woke my phone almost 16,000 times. Very annoying and a huge battery killer.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by aallison1882 View Post
    ?I figured out the wlan issue. We have two networks at my office. I was connected to the older one. When I connected to the newer one the issue went away. When I talked to one of my buddies her told me the older network was being phased out as it was specific to our office while the other network was available at all of our offices. In addition it used much older, slower routers. In addition to the error going away, I'm now getting 40 to 45 down.

Now if anyone has any idea how to fix the msm_hsic issue. It ran every of the 8+ hours my screen was off today and woke my phone almost 16,000 times. Very annoying and a huge battery killer.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    I'm seeing the same msm_hsic issue. Battery life is horrible.

On my hour drive home I didn't use my phone at all. I checked battery usage and the wake lock kept my phone awake for 6 minutes.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yeah it seems to be hit or miss. My wife's DNA shows minimal usage of this wakelock.

msm_hisc_host and wlan_rx_wake wakelocks-uploadfromtaptalk1359145276081.jpg
    msm_hisc_host and wlan_rx_wake wakelocks-uploadfromtaptalk1359145394098.jpg

First picture is gsam battery monitor. Second is better battery stats.
    There aren't even close to matching on wake lock times. Is there someone with root access or a dev that can check the file that these are supposed to be pulling from and figure out which is reporting correctly?

Now it's not even making sense. It lists the wake locks with more time than the phone has been off the charger. The state are only supposed to read from when last unplugged
    msm_hisc_host and wlan_rx_wake wakelocks-uploadfromtaptalk1359149885495.jpg