Slight Screen Defect; What is This?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, so I bought a Droid DNA about a week ago. The unit is near perfect; no SIM card issues, audio issues, overheating issues, battery issues, etc. Using it for about 2 days in, however, I discovered a minor imperfection. Specifically, the center of the screen seems to have something of a bright white pixel that is visible on a white or light-colored background only, more so at a specific angle and in a darker setting and looking at it very close. Most of the times, it is virtually unnoticeable, unless you know where to look for it. Now, it doesn't bother me that much in day-to-day usage, and I honestly don't want to go through the hassle of setting up a new phone, whether exchanging in-store or through a Certified Like New Replacement. This is strange, though. I don't think it's a dead pixel, as it is not black. I don't think that it's a stuck pixel either, because it's only viewable on a white back background, and if it was a stuck white pixel, should be viewable on a black background as well (which it is not). I'm attaching some macro shots I made with my DSLR. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Stuck Pixel.JPG
    Stuck Pixel.JPG
    638.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3202.jpg
    IMG_3202.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3203.jpg
    IMG_3203.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a defect on the LCD panel. Probably dinged during assembly.

Sigh looks like I'll have to exchange it; I hate the thought of losing my saved games, and having to redownload my 85 apps and set up a new phone the way I like it. But once you notice this problem, it's hard not to focus on it. I bought the phone exactly one week ago, so hopefully Verizon will exchange in-store for a new one.