Unlock bootloader now with an app!

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This was good work by the Dev, I've been through Jcase's procedure a few times and while not difficult one should have a good understanding of using command line functions.
As I've said in other posts, keep in mind your bootloader will indicate unlocked / tampered.. even if you relock (to return to stock as I have) it will remain 'tampered' so potentially void your warranty.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This was good work by the Dev, I've been through Jcase's procedure a few times and while not difficult one should have a good understanding of using command line functions.
As I've said in other posts, keep in mind your bootloader will indicate unlocked / tampered.. even if you relock (to return to stock as I have) it will remain 'tampered' so potentially void your warranty.

Yuuup!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I was just about to trade my phone away for an s3 too. Just saw this and now Im going to root.

Jamd. Whyd you go back to stock??

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
First I don't have space issues since I've setup cloud / dnla for files so I just hide the vz crap it's all stuffed in a folder where I'll never look. I was rooted on my tbolt for a few years mostly to overclock, but since the DNA has pretty fair performance I don't need to. Most stuff in ROMs you can get take care of with other launchers etc, sure there some mods but nothing I'm dying for (if they do come along I can always reroot) I loaded some other camera software and am pretty happy with it so far, no need for 4.2.. Now the biggie, I use Hulu+ and TimeWarner, Both these apps would detect root and not allow streaming (not sure about netflix). But since I use my device as multi media the advantages of not being rooted out weighed rooting (for me). The one big advantage of root is Android backup.. a quick restore for sure but I can live without it for now. Rooting is for some IF there are advantages, I don't root just to 'root' . Maybe if we got a clean CM10 I'd reconsider..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34