Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mounting to computer question...

Hi,

Just stopping in for a quick question...and I'm a bit of a newbie so please bare with me.

When I had my HTC Rezound, I would plug it into my computer and two pictures of disc drives would appear on my desktop (supposedly representing the removable and in-phone memory content).

When I plug my HTC DNA in my computer, all I get is a single disc icon...no disc drive icon (A.K.A., the icon that represents the 'storage' part in the settings menu.

How can I make it so that the disc drive icon appears on my computer instead of this single disc icon?

Thanks

Default Re: Mounting to computer question...

Good question, I'm wondering this as well...

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean for now.

There is only one drive since there is no removable storage. That's my take on it anyways....

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Not sorry at all Motorola....... This HTC One is TITS......!

If you are just transferring files, Wifi File Explorer Pro does the job for me so I never have to worry about connecting my phone to the computer.

I'm going to be in the same boat as you when it's time for me to root tho.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by MrRicks84 View Post
    If you are just transferring files, Wifi File Explorer Pro does the job for me so I never have to worry about connecting my phone to the computer.

I'm going to be in the same boat as you when it's time for me to root tho.
    I'll take a look at it.

But I'm still curious as to making the disc drive appear when connecting to a PC via USB & Micro USB connection...

The DNA reflects 1 partition when attachedin regards to storage, did you view the folder? It'll show 'internal storage' which is all you got. You might see 2 others which are images I see (with adb installed) but no worries.. just use the HTC6435LVW folder and you're good to go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mounting to computer question...-diskdrives.jpg  
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm on a mac...

I'm confused. Is it showing the disc as if you loaded a cd or DVD? Or is it just showing one drive?

If its the former, give it a minute. I've noticed OSX can take a few minutes to show storage devices. If its the latter, it's because newer android devices have everything on one partition.

Saw your other thread. Forgot HTC went that route. Be happy Android file transfer works. Had tons of issues with it with the galaxy s3.