Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anthony2558
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Please help me decide

    So my husband who works for Verizon won a new phone. Gets to pick either a Droid DNA or the Razr HD. Whichever he chooses we are just gonna sell. What do you think will be the better choice? Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,328 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,336 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Please help me decide

    I believe that you can prob get about 30-40$ more for the DNA on eBay. Its a newer phone with a 1080p screen were as the razr macs HD is only 720. I think your better off with the DNA. There are tons of maxx hd's for sale on eBay and only a few of the DNA.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    ericlc2 likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Please help me decide

    Easy choice. DNA!

    huskerdna
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Please help me decide

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    I believe that you can prob get about 30-40$ more for the DNA on eBay. Its a newer phone with a 1080p screen were as the razr macs HD is only 720. I think your better off with the DNA. There are tons of maxx hd's for sale on eBay and only a few of the DNA.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks. What do you think I should list it for? NIB no contract.
  5. #5  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,328 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,336 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Please help me decide

    Well I always list my auctions to start at a penny. I'd put a reserve on it. I looked at completed listings on the DNA on eBay and they seem to average between 575-625$. You could get lucky and be up in the higher range. Its all about listing it so it ends at the right time, you know. If you list it so that it ends @ 4am your not gonna have alot of people staying up to bid on it. I usually have mine end around 1030pm eastern time, so at least people on the west coast can bid when there out of work. Have them end on a Fridays or Monday. People get paid on Friday! Mondays they had a rough day at work and some people wanna buy things to feel better. Lol.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Please help me decide

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    Well I always list my auctions to start at a penny. I'd put a reserve on it. I looked at completed listings on the DNA on eBay and they seem to average between 575-625$. You could get lucky and be up in the higher range. Its all about listing it so it ends at the right time, you know. If you list it so that it ends @ 4am your not gonna have alot of people staying up to bid on it. I usually have mine end around 1030pm eastern time, so at least people on the west coast can bid when there out of work. Have them end on a Fridays or Monday. People get paid on Friday! Mondays they had a rough day at work and some people wanna buy things to feel better. Lol.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you! Appreciate the advice.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Please help me decide

    Think it's worth posting on marketplace here?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Please help me decide

    Not sure how active the marketplace is.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Please help me decide

    Guess the non response answered my question.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Please help me decide

    If you just want a set amount, the marketplace here is good, but I think you'll get more if you auction it on ebay.


    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Please help me decide

    Why pay fees to ebay? You can sell it on Craigslist or even Android marketplace.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Please help me decide

    I'd get the DNA and flip it on eBay. It should go quick if you price it aggressively.

    Sent from my Sony Xperia ion
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Please help me decide

    I was thinking of a buy it now of $499. Looks like eBay ones are going for around $550. I would rather not pay eBay fees and Craigslist could be painful with scammers.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Please help me decide

    Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    I was thinking of a buy it now of $499. Looks like eBay ones are going for around $550. I would rather not pay eBay fees and Craigslist could be painful with scammers.
    Post it here on the Marketplace. If it doesn't sell, give ebay a try. I don't trust Craigslist either.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Please help me decide

    Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    Post it here on the Marketplace. If it doesn't sell, give ebay a try. I don't trust Craigslist either.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanks. That's what I will probably do. I have sold a few iPhones on Craig's list. It's just more of a hassle to weed through the shady. I had half a dozen people ask me to ship it overseas.

Similar Threads

  1. Please help me decide!
    By christiecarpenter in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 06:05 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
  3. please help me decide
    By NBenn8021 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 01:57 PM
  4. Please help me decide
    By andonakis in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 12:31 PM
  5. Please help me decide.
    By oberhaus#AC in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 10:24 AM

Posting Permissions