Seidio FAIL! Anyone else agree?

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow, after waiting for quite a while for the Seidio cases to be released, it now seems that they are NOT compatible with inductive charging!

As far as I know, these are the ONLY cases (well, the only ones I've heard of) which will NOT work with inductive charging.

I was really looking forward to trying out Seidio's cases, as they always make excellent products, but I'm not going to give up inductive charging, and I'm not going to go to the hassle of removing and re-installing my case, every time I need to charge it!

Anyone else disappointed that Seidio didn't bother to make sure their cases didn't disable this excellent feature?

Think I'm now going to pass on getting one of their cases (I have numerous cases anyways, but.....)

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Surface yesterday, and it works fine with my Qi charger. My wife's also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Wow, after waiting for quite a while for the Seidio cases to be released, it now seems that they are NOT compatible with inductive charging!

As far as I know, these are the ONLY cases (well, the only ones I've heard of) which will NOT work with inductive charging.

I was really looking forward to trying out Seidio's cases, as they always make excellent products, but I'm not going to give up inductive charging, and I'm not going to go to the hassle of removing and re-installing my case, every time I need to charge it!

Anyone else disappointed that Seidio didn't bother to make sure their cases didn't disable this excellent feature?

Think I'm now going to pass on getting one of their cases (I have numerous cases anyways, but.....)

Our cases have been tested and are compatible with some wireless charging pads, however, we have not tested them all. The disclaimer is more of a general warning until we are able to test more wireless charging pads.

If you do have any issues with a specific pad and our cases, please let us know so our product team can do testing on it.

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Our cases have been tested and are compatible with some wireless charging pads, however, we have not tested them all. The disclaimer is more of a general warning until we are able to test more wireless charging pads.

If you do have any issues with a specific pad and our cases, please let us know so our product team can do testing on it.

Just to add, my surface case works fine with the nokia 900 and lg qi chargers. Been using nightly since Jan 15th when I got my surface case and holster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech