HTC M7 why DNA just came out ?

KingAL

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I dont understand this I just got the DNA last week and now they saying there making a new flagship phone, WTF I thought the DNA was HTC new flagship phone.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I dont understand this I just got the DNA last week and now they saying there making a new flagship phone, WTF I thought the DNA was HTC new flagship phone.

Hey there! Thanks for joining Android Central!

So, yeah, the DNA's fairly new (came out, what, in November?). And, yes. We're expecting HTC to announce it's new "flagship" in February. But that doesn't mean it'll be available anywhere right away, and specifically on Verizon.

The DNA's still a really good phone. (See our review on on it.) And there's always something better coming, ya know? :)

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The DNA is to Verizon as the M7 will be to HTC. Meaning the DNA is Verizon's flagship...not HTC's.

The M7 will more than likely see a global release in numerous countries and carriers which may or may not include Verizon. Nothing is confirmed yet so if you're happy with the DNA then you shouldn't worry, it's still an awesome phone.

EDIT: Beaten by Phil. ;)

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Or if you're that worried about it you're still in your return Window so you can return the DNA and wait for the m7 to maybe come (probably won't happen) to Verizon.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Hardly the OEM's flagship if only available from one source.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Sense is their proprietary work. If you don't have a license to redistribute it, I don't blame HTC at all for protecting their rights.

X2... Dont hate a company for protecting the hard work they put into something. At least they arent suing everyone like apple.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
As all have said the DNA is a vZ exclusive, HTC can not swim in one fishbowl to compete with Apple/Samsung plus the host of others. So Kudos for them getting their devices out to other carriers for by having more devices we can hope it helps improve their software and support. That all said Component wise any phone in the first half of '13 will be hard pressed to beat the specs of the dna, Snapdragon4pro is a leader and their next gen prob won't be out till end of year (as well as enyos (sp) and others) so hang in there you got a great device that can hang in for the next few years...

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Before you worry about your next HTC phone, you may want to consider this:

Is HTC getting ready to crack down on Sense-based ROMs? - ROMs - RootzWiki - RootzNews - RootzWiki

Not sure I can support the company if they really do proceed with this.

Sense is HTC's and it is not open source. It would be like someone distributing windows without microsofts permission.

They may also be trying to get developers to stick to stock android roms instead. (Which is better, IMO)

KingAL

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
So will the DNA still get support from HTC when the M7 drops? Im talking software updates and all and thanks you guys you guys are so helpful.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So will the DNA still get support from HTC when the M7 drops? Im talking software updates and all and thanks you guys you guys are so helpful.

We don't know. It'll probably get one or two updates, but don't have expectations of it happening often if at all. Verizon's update process is rather...lengthy and arduous.

Be happy with the software you have now.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
We don't know. It'll probably get one or two updates, but don't have expectations of it happening often if at all. Verizon's update process is rather...lengthy and arduous.

Be happy with the software you have now.

It'll get 4.2 and the new sense, but may not get anything after that.

Who knows for sure though, because HTC has been doing some uncharacteristic things when it comes to software updates. (Like updating sense itself, which it rarely did in the past)

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Every reader of this thread should scrap their Android, Apple, and Windows phones at the end of this month and get the soon to be released BlackBerry 10. RIM invented the smartphone and needs as much support as we can give them. Yes, apps are limited at the moment, but the phone will be great, and app availability will increase as we all shift away from Android, iOS, and Windows phones.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Every reader of this thread should scrap their Android, Apple, and Windows phones at the end of this month and get the soon to be released BlackBerry 10. RIM invented the smartphone and needs as much support as we can give them. Yes, apps are limited at the moment, but the phone will be great, and app availability will increase as we all shift away from Android, iOS, and Windows phones.

...um. lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey