- 2 Posts
Droid DNA Graphics Glitches
I'm developing an Android app and my client has a Droid DNA.
We have noticed that the app's graphics when run on the Droid DNA seem to be very glitchy, sometimes the graphics do not seem to fully paint; there will be a black unpainted area in certain parts of the app, especially around the ActionBar area (near the top of the screen). This usually seems to happen when switching screens or switching between apps. Scrolling the screen back and forth will correct the graphical glitch. I've ran the same app on my Nexus 7 and haven't had a single problem like this.
Has anyone else encountered these types of graphical glitches when using the Droid DNA? I don't actually own a Droid DNA myself so I'm not sure if this is typical behavior for it or not.
As far as my programming, I'm not doing anything crazy just using standard Android APIs and following conventions (i.e. ActionBar API, etc).
- 01-25-2013, 08:19 AM #2
- 01-28-2013, 07:52 PM #4
- 93 Posts
Re: Droid DNA Graphics Glitches
I get that sometimes. It seems to happen after playing games that run the CPU/GPU pretty hard and the phone gets hot. When I close the app I notice that the Notification bar at the top of the screen
has messed up colors, like a glitchy/dying video card on a PC. I can make it go away by changing Theme color theme since it redraws that area. Hopefully this will be resolved in the first patch.
- By GK3K in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 02-24-2013, 01:06 PM
- By Phil Nickinson in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 12Last Post: 11-04-2012, 05:29 PM
- By bold lover in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 01-05-2012, 10:35 PM
- By Starire70 in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 5Last Post: 03-12-2011, 01:41 AM
- By strikeir13 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 9Last Post: 07-18-2010, 05:21 PM