Atrociously slow wifi speeds...

Avery Allen

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else run into this problem? It seems on any network I connect to with the DNA I'm averaging between .26mbps and .31mbps but normal uploads of about 1.36mbps. I've tried adjusting the phone's wifi as well as two of the routers I was connecting to, all I want to do is watch Netflix :(

TradingTaylor

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Same here on my S3. I really want to know what is going on. It will download things really slow on WiFi but when I do a speedtest it tells me i'm getting ~40mbps so I don't know what to think or what could be the issue. I wonder if it's an app. I don't think it was this slow before I downloaded Lookout. Do you have that?

Avery Allen

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Nope I don't have the Lookout app installed, however this has been a constant issue since I received the phone this past Monday. I really am quite clueless to what could be causing this besides a faulty part/software issue at this point.

Avery Allen

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I changed my up address on the phone to static and it more than doubled my original speed but it is still far below what it should be at. Also I did try it with the mobile network turned off but there was no difference in up or down speed tests.

Avery Allen

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Welp. I did some more speed testing on my home netork with my laptop and iPad and have gotten the same problem. It has to be with our Netgear n600 router or roadrunner internet although I was okay with just having this problem with one device, not everything I use! Sad day right here :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome