Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By metz65
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My first flaw - Call Quality

Everything about this phone is near perfect: the size, shape, speed, look, etc. However, I think I found my first flaw...

I was talking to someone on my DNA earlier, and the person on the other end said that I was cutting in and out, and that the volume of my voice was very low. I called this person back on speakerphone, and my voice was louder on their end. Then I turned speakerphone off, and my voice went back to cutting in and out, and being low.

I decided to try this with another phone, so I called my brothers phone (iPhone) and tried it out there. Again, there were problems with my voice cutting in and out, being cut when I wasn't finished saying a word (or sentence), and my voice being low.

I then decided to plug headphones into my DNA and try calling the same phone. My voice was better and clearer, as well as louder.

I took the headphones out and removed my phone case, just to see if it would make any bit of a difference. There was no difference.

So before I call Verizon customer service and give them my sh*t (screaming at them for a NEW PHONE, NOT A REFURBISHED ONE), is anyone else experiencing this problem? Are there any solutions to this?

And if it does become a problem in which I will need to call customer service, will they give me a BRAND NEW PHONE? (I've only had this phone for about two weeks).

Thanks.

Default Re: My first flaw - Call Quality

I think you got a bad phone. I have only had this 4 days, but I have already had 3 people tell me I sound clear and much better than I did on my maxx.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    mikekrafick likes this.

my first DNA had bad call quality as well. The mic on the phone was so sensitive that the slightest touch or just moving the phone can be heard by the person on the other end.
    I went to a local store and got it replaced. they gave me a brand new one.

I have the same problem. I have also noticed when I plug my phone in to charge or to the pc it it will disconnect or quit charging. I have used several different usb cords with the same problem. I have tried the same cords on another phone & they work fine

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Update: supposedly, this problem has been fixed.

The issue was most likely attributed to the proximity in which I was holding the phone to my face.

Apparently, I don't know how to use a cell phone...

Quote Originally Posted by Preformer19 View Post
    Update: supposedly, this problem has been fixed.

The issue was most likely attributed to the proximity in which I was holding the phone to my face.

Apparently, I don't know how to use a cell phone...
    Apparently I don't know how to use one either. I've had the same issues, although the headphone trick just made my calls disconnect. How are you holding your phone?