- 1,300 Posts
I just got my DNA last Tuesday, coming from the Thunderbolt. My Bolt was rooted, and I tried pretty much every ROM before settling on Thundershed, which really made it a much better phone. I haven't rooted the DNA yet, and wanted to get some clarification and info on a few things before I do.
Does the DNA have S-off yet?
What's the best method to root?
What's the deal with flashing a boot image first? Easy to do or a pain in the ***? We didn't have to do this with the Bolt.
What ROMs do everyone recommend? Do any of them offer added functionality or are they pretty much modded versions of stock? I've looked at a few of them at xda, but to be honest, today I'm not in the mood to read through all of the ROMs and all of their threads for user feedback. I don't mind reading one or two, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Is the DNA officially supported by CyanogenMod?
Thanks in advance for any help as I re-learn about rooting!
- 01-27-2013, 02:09 PM #2
- 01-27-2013, 02:15 PM #4
Re: ROM Questions
To root is easy you need to run an app so than you can use htcdev.com
There no s-off that's why we have flash boot.img than the Rom but there's an. app called flash gui that flashes the kernel image for you no need for fastboot commands..
I'm using viper Rom full of mods
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2I'm the ROOT manG Talk: Upstreammiami3o5Let me help you ROOT your phone
- 01-27-2013, 06:54 PM #5
- By tuxedojacob in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 08-03-2010, 01:56 PM
- By tibbys in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 40Last Post: 07-20-2010, 05:40 PM
- By krc1185 in forum Google Nexus One Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2010, 11:16 AM
- By ScubaNitrox in forum Google Nexus One Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 05-07-2010, 04:22 PM
- By silvrvette427 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 04-11-2010, 01:30 PM