Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MrRicks84
  • 1 Post By Upstreammiami
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ROM Questions

I just got my DNA last Tuesday, coming from the Thunderbolt. My Bolt was rooted, and I tried pretty much every ROM before settling on Thundershed, which really made it a much better phone. I haven't rooted the DNA yet, and wanted to get some clarification and info on a few things before I do.

Does the DNA have S-off yet?

What's the best method to root?

What's the deal with flashing a boot image first? Easy to do or a pain in the ***? We didn't have to do this with the Bolt.

What ROMs do everyone recommend? Do any of them offer added functionality or are they pretty much modded versions of stock? I've looked at a few of them at xda, but to be honest, today I'm not in the mood to read through all of the ROMs and all of their threads for user feedback. I don't mind reading one or two, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Is the DNA officially supported by CyanogenMod?

Thanks in advance for any help as I re-learn about rooting!
    Thanked by:
    kirnal 

Default Re: ROM Questions

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    I just got my DNA last Tuesday, coming from the Thunderbolt. My Bolt was rooted, and I tried pretty much every ROM before settling on Thundershed, which really made it a much better phone. I haven't rooted the DNA yet, and wanted to get some clarification and info on a few things before I do.

Does the DNA have S-off yet? NOT YET BUT THEY'RE WORKING ON IT

What's the best method to root? THEY HAVE A COUPLE METHODS FOR UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER & ROOTING ON XDA

What's the deal with flashing a boot image first? Easy to do or a pain in the ***? We didn't have to do this with the Bolt. WATCH DROIDMODDERX'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL HE HAS A FEW VIDEOS ON HOW EASY IT IS

What ROMs do everyone recommend? Do any of them offer added functionality or are they pretty much modded versions of stock? I've looked at a few of them at xda, but to be honest, today I'm not in the mood to read through all of the ROMs and all of their threads for user feedback. I don't mind reading one or two, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. UKB & HATKA DNA ARE THE BEST ROMS SO FAR

Is the DNA officially supported by CyanogenMod? NO, NO AOSP YET. IT IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS

Thanks in advance for any help as I re-learn about rooting!
    Thanked by 2:
    mightyfacundo likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Perfect. Thanks MrRicks!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

To root is easy you need to run an app so than you can use htcdev.com

There no s-off that's why we have flash boot.img than the Rom but there's an. app called flash gui that flashes the kernel image for you no need for fastboot commands..

I'm using viper Rom full of mods

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
    Thanked by:
    mightyfacundo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    To root is easy you need to run an app so than you can use htcdev.com

There no s-off that's why we have flash boot.img than the Rom but there's an. app called flash gui that flashes the kernel image for you no need for fastboot commands..

I'm using viper Rom full of mods

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    +1
    Viper is sick
    Thanked by: