Stock keyboard

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
How many people like the stock keyboard? I typically install SwiftKey as soon as I get a new phone. The stock keyboard is alright. It doesn't handle conjunctions well and seems to be a little glitchy in landscape.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Words cannot explain how far HTC Stock Keyboard has come! If I didn't have Swiftkey 3, I would probably stick to the stock keyboard as my daily driver. It could do a better job of contractions and do a better job of putting a space after words that it predicts.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
How many people like the stock keyboard? I typically install SwiftKey as soon as I get a new phone. The stock keyboard is alright. It doesn't handle conjunctions well and seems to be a little glitchy in landscape.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

While the stock keyboard is decent, I am so used to the SwiftKey layout and shortcuts that I don't care for using anything else. Little things like the location of the comma, exclamation, and question mark in SwiftKey are great.

I imagine of I stuck with any other keyboards for more than a couple of days I would figure them out too... I just don't like messing with muscle memory.

Steve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I've used nothing but the stock keyboard so far. I'm not nearly as accurate with it as I was on my iPhone but its not that bad.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The stock keyboard on this phone is really decent, however, as others have said, once you use SwiftKey it's hard to leave.

Sent from my Jelly Bean flavored HTC DROID DNA

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I stick with the stock Jelly Bean keyboard...it is just the most basic and clean looking. And it allows for swiping when you've only got one hand too...so it's kind of the best of all words as far as I'm concerned.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I dont use any form of word prediction or auto correct, so swift key is useless to me unless it is like 1000 times more accurate than stock.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm been using Kii as a replacement keyboard for a couple of weeks, and it's amazing!

As others have said, the built in keyboard is actually very good, but Kii combines Swype functions with Swiftkey next word prediction, to create the ultimate keyboard!

Any of you currently using Swype or Swiftkey, and haven't tried Kii, you should at least give it a try! (it's free... you can always go back)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech