Slow, inaccurate GPS?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've never had an HTC phone before, so I'm just curious if this is normal. Prior to owning this phone, I used my Nexus 7 as my car's GPS. Thing was lightning-fast--I'd enter a location and it would immediately start navigating. With my phone however, it takes forever (e.g. ~3-5 minutes) to actually locate the GPS, and even then it hiccups. I have to occasionally tap the locate button for the first 10 or so minutes, because it freezes up and pretends I'm on a street that I passed blocks ago. After this initial period, things run fairly smoothly.

I can live with it, but it's pretty damn dangerous when I'm driving alone in the car, and have to continually fiddle with the navigation app to actually get it to work. Is this just what happens with HTC phones? Has anyone else experienced this?

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never had an HTC phone before, so I'm just curious if this is normal. Prior to owning this phone, I used my Nexus 7 as my car's GPS. Thing was lightning-fast--I'd enter a location and it would immediately start navigating. With my phone however, it takes forever (e.g. ~3-5 minutes) to actually locate the GPS, and even then it hiccups. I have to occasionally tap the locate button for the first 10 or so minutes, because it freezes up and pretends I'm on a street that I passed blocks ago. After this initial period, things run fairly smoothly.

I can live with it, but it's pretty damn dangerous when I'm driving alone in the car, and have to continually fiddle with the navigation app to actually get it to work. Is this just what happens with HTC phones? Has anyone else experienced this?

No problems at all it connects in my basement in my house

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You'd have to determine if it's the GPS or your network trying to download the google maps (is that what your using?) while the GPS maybe locked (I have no issue but it doesn't mean you don't) the app must still retrieve the tiles for maps, are you in 4g/3g ??

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This is my 2nd HTC phone, and the gps has been great on both of them. My DNA gets a satellite lock in 2 seconds or less. This might sound like a dumb suggestion, especially if you've already tried it, but have you rebooted and then tried the gps?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Mine seems to be just as fast as my Nexus 7. What have you tried to fix the issue?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia