Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By roadking2013
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need Best Phone Reception at home ?

I'm about to switch from AT&T to Verizon at my new home, had to use a Micro-cell Tower just to have any signal at all at my house with AT&T, I had some friends over over the past holidays that were on Verizon (with Iphones) and the had great service all over my property and neighborhood. I'm a droid man so an Iphone is NOT an option in my house. Anyhow, a friend of mine came over with a Razor Maxx on Verizon the other day and the signal didn't seem to be as good as the iPhone's that were invading my property during the holidays.(but at least he had signal),So I originally started looking at the Razor Maxx but I'm now looking at the DNA real hard, just curious if anyone has any clue if the DNA will have better reception then say the Razor Maxx ? Its basically a toss up between these 2 right now, no other phones on the Verizon network suit my needs as well as either of these 2 would, "Reception" is the deciding factor right now.....

Any thoughts are much appreciated....

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default Re: Need Best Phone Reception at home ?

Quote Originally Posted by roadking2013 View Post
    I'm about to switch from AT&T to Verizon at my new home, had to use a Micro-cell Tower just to have any signal at all at my house with AT&T, I had some friends over over the past holidays that were on Verizon (with Iphones) and the had great service all over my property and neighborhood. I'm a droid man so an Iphone is NOT an option in my house. Anyhow, a friend of mine came over with a Razor Maxx on Verizon the other day and the signal didn't seem to be as good as the iPhone's that were invading my property during the holidays.(but at least he had signal),So I originally started looking at the Razor Maxx but I'm now looking at the DNA real hard, just curious if anyone has any clue if the DNA will have better reception then say the Razor Maxx ? Its basically a toss up between these 2 right now, no other phones on the Verizon network suit my needs as well as either of these 2 would, "Reception" is the deciding factor right now.....

Any thoughts are much appreciated....
    I live out in the woods and AT&T is not a good phone to have here. My DNA works good here but only with 3G. $G has not made its way here yet. My old att blackberry would work in a few places on my land but not in the house while my verizon DNA works everywhere. Granted data can be slow in low reception places but it works. Calls have not been a problem. Hope this helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, appreciate the response , just trying to decide on the DNA or the Razor Maxx HD base on pure reception? ? Eitherway they will both be good in all other aspects...just know for sure I have to loose AT&T and go with Verizon ...

Sent from my 2nd Brain....

I think it's hard to say which of those two phone will give you better reception at the house, unless you actually have both of them at the house at the same time. I have had a buddy over at my house with the Maxx HD, and his phone worked perfectly fine, while my DNA always works great everywhere. This might or might not be the case in a different location. According to this random site I found (Best Reception Cell Phone of 2013 - 2012), the DNA gets a better reception score than the Maxx HD, but I can't vouch for the validity of their results since I don't know how each phone was tested.

Also, they do sell signal boosters that will improve your signal if it becomes an issue.

They make wireless amplifiers for both the car and the home ( try Wilson ). I have had one in my car for a few years and it helps a lot in poor areas
    DNA-Verizon

I had the Razr Maxx and upgraded to the Maxx HD. I work in a fringe area when it comes to cell phone service. I couldn't get any service with the HD. So I took it back to Verizon, and got the DNA (which was my first choice but the guy at Verizon talked up the signal strength of the HD and that was my number 1 need).

The DNA and the original Maxx are both comparable in signal strength, but I think Motorola dropped the ball on the signal strength of the HD in fringe areas. It's not a bad phone though, my wife has one and love it, but her number one need with a phone was battery life.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

DNA has the best radio of any phone I have ever owned. Blows away the Gnex. Having said that the radios on the Moto's have always been one of their strengths so I doubt you will see any significant difference in reception between the Moto phones and the DNA. Both will put Samsung phones to shame however.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for all the input folks, looks like I'm gonna try out the DNA, I was just at the Verizon store checking them all out and the DNA is one bad *** looking phone....So hopefully all will work out as far as reception , and if not I at least I have 12 days to swap it out and try something else (but hopefully not
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Looks like my reception kicks **** at my home with my DNA :-) can't seem to put the phone down....

Sent from my Bad *** DNA using Tapatalk 2
    Jennifer Stough likes this.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ROM
    CND 1.3.3

I would go with either an HTC or Motorola phone. I had a Gnex prior to my DNA, and the radios were terrible. I didn't get any signal at all in my house - on my DNA (and my wife's DInc 4G) I get two bars of 4G. My wife got a decent signal on her Droid 2.

Glad the DNA filled the bill for you and your reception. I also lived in 'extended 3g' and using my tbolt in house was a no go, purchased a replicator from vZ 2 years back and it worked well (it was a 3g version, not LTE but then I had wireless so didn't need lte).. that all said with the DNA we no longer need the replicator, though we do leave it connected for all those poor souls who don't have a DNA that come to visit ;-)