Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Durability and Battery of DNA?

I am thinking about getting a Droid DNA. I absolutely love it. Everything (Sense, the screen, the speed) is fantastic. I would love to get one in about a week, but I am still thinking about the Droid Razr Maxx HD and the GS3. My only worry is the durability of the DNA. I would get a Ballistic case (whatever the biggest one is) and a Zagg screen cover. I rarely drop my phones (no more than twice every 4 months). However, I can not get the picture of that phone sliding out of my hands 1 time and shattering the screen. I think I am worrying too much, but I would like to make sure of it by hearing from you guys. Also, how is the battery? I have read some nasty things, but I use my phone no more than 2 hours a day 95% of the time (internet browsing on wifi, games, occasional texting). I really want to get a DNA, but those 2 things are making me worry. Any advice or information on those 2 aspects would be greatly appreciated!

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Durability and Battery of DNA?

I have the DNA and I love it (mostly)

It's very durable, except for the useless flap over the charging port. I personally removed mine since it got in my way most of the time. As for battery life, its on par with all other phones. Not mind blowing great but neither heart crushingly bad.

I have a Anker External Battery that I rarely use becasue the battery was much better than I anticipated.

You won't be disappointed, but I would suggest waiting at least until HTC unvieles its newest device and see if its coming to Verizon.

the durability is pretty good. i usually use a case just because im scared, but i really hate cvering up the phone and bulking it up, so sometimes i remove it. i dropped it a couple of times without the case once face flat from 2 feet, and the worst it got was a scuff on the bottom. the battery on the other hand is fine when using it (screen on) and could be better, but the standby time fo some reason is really good and better than many other phones.

I have a droid DNA it is great....it's water proof from my experience.....I dropped it face down without case getting out of the car and no cracks...it's a great and strong phone....

Best built phone I have ever owned battery no as good as my G2 but the radios seem better in the DNA escepcialy GPS

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

The Battery is ok! But be warned.. there is NO SD CARD SLOT! So if you need space, or music... I have to stream my music via Google Play or Spotify because it wouldnt all fit