Not staying connected to DT-900 charger

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a Nokia DT-900 charger for my DNA about a month ago. Has been working great, and love the convenience. I charge every night while sleeping. I pulled the phone off the charger this morning and found my battery was almost drained. I put the phone back on the charger and the notification came up on the screen that wireless charging was enabled, but a few seconds later it reported it was disconnected. Tried that several times with similar results. Finally figured out that if I put a little weight on top of my DNA (TV remote), it would stay connected. Has anyone else run into a similar problem? I don't know if it indicates a problem with the charger or the phone since I don't have a second of either device.

tlgem

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine works ok - So far - no disconnect problems with the case from verizons case clip combo
Been using it for 2 weeks now - I would be taking it & the phone back to verizon store to see if its the pickup in the phone or charger
You say a little weight makes a difference then I would think the contacts inside the back cover of the phone are bad
Just my 21/2 cents

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not in a case. I have charged it with my case on in the past without issue. However, I have an Xway steel disc mounted on the back of the case, and when I place that on the charger it gets pretty warm, so my routine the last couple of weeks has been to charge it without the case on. Guess I'll take it to the VZW store over the weekend.

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Went to the VZW store today. Rep placed my phone on another QI charger, and placed his personal DNA on my charger. Mine charged for about 3 minutes and then stopped, but his charged without issue on my charger. He looked for any info in their internal systems, and apparently have had a couple other cases similar to mine. They are sending a replacement phone to me.