So exactly what did this update do?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
How is the phone changed? Sim issues resolved? Speaker volume improved? Bluetooth more stable? Any efficiency improvement in battery usage or power management?

What (if any) are the noticeable improvements or changes?

Buickman

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
It seems to have fixed the mobile hotspot for me, but I didn't have any other problems with the phone besides that. My wife has had a lot of Bluetooth audio problems with hers in her car, so I should find out tomorrow if that is fixed for her and will report back.

dnickb

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
"Enhanced Recent Apps functionality has been improved"

I think this refers to the fact that often times, certain applications (Google Chrome for instance) often appeared as just a black square instead of a screenshot of the app. At least, that's how it looks so far for me.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I made a few outgoing calls via bluetooth last night which I had a lot of trouble with prior. Hope I am not jinxing myself by typing this!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The update seems to have made my phone bluetooth compatible with the u connect in my dodge.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can see, all it did for me was put my phone out of commission for 10 minutes :) Bluetooth always worked with my Motorola handsfree. I never had a problem with wifi. Don't hare about Hulu. At least it didn't BREAK anything!

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned this in another thread but it also made mail messages notifications in the notification bar expanded.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
This is one of those rare threads where most people don't have any issues with their phones, so we have no idea what the update did. Anyone else besides me think that's awesome?!

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I got the infamous SIM Card error this morning after updating last night.
*sigh*

This is exactly what I was afraid of. So let's see if I have this right -- Vz "fixed" stuff most of us don't know or care about and left untouched the real problem(s) with this otherwise wonderful phone. I guess they didn't get the memo about the proverbial '800 lb gorilla.'

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think they included a few more scenes in the HTC wallpaper drawer.

My Phone is much faster, see other update threads showing my speed tests.

Some new game.

thats all I see so far.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
It seems to have fixed my Wi-Fi drop outs. I always get drop outs from my garage every 2 minutes. After the update, I didn't see one drop out. But I will keep testing to see if this was just coincidence last night.

Sent from my DNA

dnickb

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly what I was afraid of. So let's see if I have this right -- Vz "fixed" stuff most of us don't know or care about and left untouched the real problem(s) with this otherwise wonderful phone. I guess they didn't get the memo about the proverbial '800 lb gorilla.'

This no SIM card thing is getting out of hand. While it may only be happening to a select number of handsets (2 out of 3 for me), it's common enough on those devices and crippling enough that it is hard to overlook as a "well, they'll fix it eventually." And I don't even know who to blame at this point.

cjmac97

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Update wiped my phone. The frustration I'm feeling right now marks the first time in more than a year that I'm considering a return to an iPhone. Sometimes the lack of quality control in the Android ecosystem is insane.