How do I Turn Off The Fast Boot Mode?

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Curiously, what is the difference and why choose one over the other?

The fastboot setting is similar to the "hibernate" mode on a laptop. When you power off the phone, and fastboot is enabled, the phone hibernates, so when you turn your phone back on, it boots faster than a normal "cold boot" from power off mode. This setting is great if you power your phone off/on frequently, like when traveling by airplane, and you find yourself powering the phone on/off regularly.

However, the fastboot setting isn't desirable if you are trying to boot into bootloader or recovery, or if you want the phone to re-boot from a true memory clear state.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Most used apps stay open. Accumulated memory cache, hogs resources. With out fast boot, starts clean with minimum open apps. Using fast boot also drains power slightly more. I pretty much always use fast boot. Occasionally I will use close all apps and restart option.

Nick Alexander

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I found no way to not use fast boot short of removing the battery, and then fast boot resets, but there is no option or button to turn it off anywhere. I have a ZTE Majesty running Android 4.1.2.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy