Will the DNA be upgraded to Sense 5?

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Forgive me, I've never owned an Android so I'm new at this...

If I buy the current DNA from Verizon (with Sense 4+ I believe), will it be be updated at some point to Sense 5 after the M7 comes out?

Do manufacturers typically update their UI skins on existing models? Or are updates only of the Android OS itself?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if the DNA will get Sense 5, but I do know that my Bolt got bumped up to a newer version of Sense when I had it. So I think there's a chance.

Sent from my DNA

dnickb

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would think it would depend on how drastic the change from 4+ to 5 will be. I mean, there is no technical reason why the DNA cannot run it, but that doesn't mean that HTC/Verizon will update it.

Sometimes they don't update it because they claim it would confuse the user, which is a semi-valid argument.
However, I know a few HTC handsets in the past have been updated to new versions of Sense.

That being said, I wouldn't hold your breath, but it is certainly possible.

n8mack33

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I usually stick with stock for 6-9 months then when I get bored with it and jealous of the newer stuff coming out I start installing custom roms. So one way or another I'm pretty confident I'll be running the latest and greatest.