Will the DNA be upgraded to Sense 5?
Forgive me, I've never owned an Android so I'm new at this...
If I buy the current DNA from Verizon (with Sense 4+ I believe), will it be be updated at some point to Sense 5 after the M7 comes out?
Do manufacturers typically update their UI skins on existing models? Or are updates only of the Android OS itself?
- 02-15-2013, 03:27 PM #2
- 02-15-2013, 03:34 PM #3
- 02-15-2013, 04:01 PM #4
Re: Will the DNA be upgraded to Sense 5?
I would think it would depend on how drastic the change from 4+ to 5 will be. I mean, there is no technical reason why the DNA cannot run it, but that doesn't mean that HTC/Verizon will update it.
Sometimes they don't update it because they claim it would confuse the user, which is a semi-valid argument.
However, I know a few HTC handsets in the past have been updated to new versions of Sense.
That being said, I wouldn't hold your breath, but it is certainly possible.
- 02-15-2013, 04:40 PM #5
- 02-15-2013, 04:40 PM #6
- By j.glik14 in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 3Last Post: 11-21-2012, 11:55 PM
- By tekhna in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 29Last Post: 02-11-2011, 11:25 PM
- By LS2982 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
- By FinalJenemba in forum T-Mobile G2Replies: 20Last Post: 09-22-2010, 10:05 PM
- By VKitty in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 04-28-2010, 11:24 AM