Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gnr_2
  • 1 Post By Fraggle79
  • 2 Post By Fraggle79
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Your top picks for wallpaper apps

Since we have this sexy new phone with an amazingly beautiful HD screen, I was wondering who here can recommend a decent app that offers a huge selection of wallpapers from the market place. I've tried a few that say they are "HD" but clearly don't come off that way once you download and apply them. Thanks!

Default Re: Your top picks for wallpaper apps

Not an app, but the desktop version of this forum's website has an AWESOME collection of Android wallpapers. (I'm posting from the app.)

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    MrRicks84 likes this.

Wallbase has the most High Res pics I can find on a phone app right now.
    PicSpeed Wallpapers has started uploading High Res pics lately.
    Zedge has very few but I'm sure it'll grow quickly.
    Thanked by:
    mightyfacundo likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

OK thanks! My last question is does anyone know how to set the whole pic as the wallpaper rather than only a small section of it? I don't feel HTC gives you enough space of that blue outline thing to truly capture all of the picture.

I like Flikie HD because you can set it to randomly change wallpapers at any set interval. Unfortunately,it keeps crashing on my Nexus 4. I have been looking for a similar app, but they only switch your downloaded apps.Any recomendations ?

Quote Originally Posted by bravefencer View Post
    OK thanks! My last question is does anyone know how to set the whole pic as the wallpaper rather than only a small section of it? I don't feel HTC gives you enough space of that blue outline thing to truly capture all of the picture.
    I have a GNex so this might be different, but I've found if I long press the image from a website, it does the whole thing. But if you download and select from Gallery, you get that stupid blue box. BUT, the image also spans all home screens.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yea, unfortunately the DNA doesn't work that way

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle79 View Post
    Wallbase has the most High Res pics I can find on a phone app right now.
    Wallbase is my go-to app for wallpapers.

Sent from my DNA

This is a big reason I have Picspeed wallpaper app on my phone. Even if you don't use their pics, you'll be able to customize your pics a little more.
    Standard option on a pic from gallery is to select the pic, more and then "Set As" --- Basic DNA option would be "Wallpaper" but once Picspeed is on there the option for "Set As Wallpaper" is also available and then gives you some extra customizing options. Play around with it til you find the way you like it.

Wingznut and gnr_2 like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for the tip!

If you have an exact 1920x1080 image and don't want any cropping to occur, download the live wallpaper "Simple Image Wallpaper". I tried Quickpic, Wallpaper Wizardrii, and Image2Wallpaper, but none of them played nice with the DNA.

As for wallpapers, I usually mine from Flickr or art blogs