Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life after update?

Normally I have to TRY and drain the battery to get below 10% before charging at night. Today (first day after update) my battery life was horrible. Noticed HTC Sense and Android OS were at the top of what was using battery. Those two were usually in the middle of what was using the battery. Wondering if anyone else had the same problem

Default Re: Battery life after update?

My battery seems to be doing a little better than before actually. After 19hrs off the charger I'm at 42%. HTC used 1% and Android only use 2%.
    I played 3 games several times each today, used Flipboard App, 2 Email accnts synced , and a little Facebook. A little over 2hrs screen on time.

My battery went from 90% to 40% overnight. It was awake all night which it has never done. Wifi used to shut off from midnight to 6am but it was on all night as well. Sense seems to be the big culprit. I guess I'll have to monitor things again and try to figure it out.

Whenever there is an update the battery seems to drain faster for a bit then it settles down. Had the same issue, stopped the media download, turned off my live wallpaper restarted the phone a couple of times and it's now fine.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 - LTE.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

My battery life has gone down since the update. My usage usually gave me about 18 hours of life, but the last 2 days have only gotten about 14. Not terrible, but noticeable. I'm hoping for what Jivegirl14 said, that it will settle in after a few days, otherwise I will have to master reset.

For the people with battery issues, try turning off "fast boot" and then restart. You could have something running in the background that is sitting in memory with fast boot.
    Having it off for at least 1 restart may clear it out.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I don't have fast boot on and have reset about 3 times a day since the update. Since it's the weekend I'm not sure how it's doing, but the grind of the week will tell me tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle79 View Post
    For the people with battery issues, try turning off "fast boot" and then restart. You could have something running in the background that is sitting in memory with fast boot.
    Having it off for at least 1 restart may clear it out.
    Where is "fast boot" in settings?

Its under the battery setting..

Ditto. My battery life before the update was excellent. Now it is OK. Will try some of the suggestions made and monitor. Any other explanation/solutions are welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Buickman View Post
    My battery life has gone down since the update. My usage usually gave me about 18 hours of life, but the last 2 days have only gotten about 14. Not terrible, but noticeable. I'm hoping for what Jivegirl14 said, that it will settle in after a few days, otherwise I will have to master reset.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

My battery life honestly has seemed to improve. I know the stock battery app isn't completely accurate and doesnt show on screen time, but I've had my phone off the charger for 24+ hours and I've still got juice. I am a moderate user on a WiFi connection with brightness at 25%, auto sync and GPS off.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life after update?-uploadfromtaptalk1361136385057.jpg  
    Fraggle79 and MrRicks84 like this.

After some battery monitoring I noticed it was awakening multiple times from some app. So looked at accounts and saw that google+ syncing turned back on for me. That must use a lot of battery because I've since turned it off and the awake times have gone way down.

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

For those of you who are worried about dna battery life . . .

HTC Droid DNA External Battery Bank (3000 mAh)

I'm sure it's not for everybody but just thought I'd put it out there . . .

. . . or you could just get the razr maxx hd and have 3300 in the phone
    Last edited by revtech; 02-17-2013 at 06:02 PM.

ROM
    None

Mine seems to be the same more or less.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgnixon View Post
    Ditto. My battery life before the update was excellent. Now it is OK. Will try some of the suggestions made and monitor. Any other explanation/solutions are welcome
    After 3 days I'm just giving in and doing a wipe. Backing up all my stuff now.

I haven't even receive the update yet

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spider210 View Post
    I haven't even receive the update yet

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Go to settings, software update, check for and it should pop up

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

I haven't noticed a difference in battery life. However, my GSam battery app says my average battery life has gone up. Before the update it was 1 day 11 hours. Now its 1 day 18 hours. No change in my usage.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

My best run on battery after the update.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life after update?-uploadfromtaptalk1361334369261.jpg  

seems like my camera app is draining a lot of battery. more so than usual? maybe. it does seem like my phone is draining battery faster than usual, but i have no proof to back that claim. it doesn't hinder my usage, can still get through an entire day comfortably.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Something has been keeping my phone awake all the time since the update. Still cant figure it out. It is KILLING my battery

Just curious--when you had your phone on at 5:30, was it pretty much fully charged, or was it really down to 85%? My battery does this weird thing where, as the day progresses the initial battery gets lower and lower. My usage is fairly routine: unplug phone, turn on at 8AM on my way to my hour-long commute (usually just the Kindle app + Play music with no wifi/4G). Same thing on my way back, when work/school ends.

In the beginning of the day, it shows my phone was at 100% since 8AM--but by the time I get out of work, it says that my battery was anywhere from ~80-90% since 8AM. Is that happening to you, too?
    (just took this screenshot now; it was at full charge when I turned my phone on at 8 AM (which is that chunk of usage that shows prior to 12 PM), but now it shows 90% at 8AM)

^~2-3hrs' screentime mostly without 4G/wifi and partly with a screen dimmer, down to 36% after 17 hours; if anything, I think my battery improved after the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    My best run on battery after the update.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

It was probably at 85% for me, since I primarily charge only fully at night, if I have charges throughout the day I only charge long enough to where the battery notification looks primarily full. I will keep an eye out on it though to see next full run I do.

Quote Originally Posted by croppz View Post
    Something has been keeping my phone awake all the time since the update. Still cant figure it out. It is KILLING my battery
    Have you used betterbatterystats or GSAM to try to figure it out? I know I had an issue with wakelocks for a few weeks. One was caused by my wireless at my office and the other wakelock was caused by the SIM error that has been plaguing some phones. My solutions were to use 4G while at the office to fix one and to pull out and clean my SIM to fix the other. My battery life has been awesome since.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast