Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Default DROID DNA WIreless Charging Issue

I got a Droid DNA, and recently pickup the Nokia Wireless Charging Pad, not the Pillow one but the other one. I keep having an issue that whenever i lay the phone on the pad to charge, it no longer chargers properly with a wired charger. I would plug it in overnight, and wake up the next morning, that the Battery Indicator would still say "28%", and when i look at the battery history, it just appears that the DNA only maintained the charger when it was plugged in. The only way i could get it to start charging normally again was to disable fast boot and then reboot the device, and then it would charge properly when plugged in. Also it would stay working correctly as long as i didn't attempt to charge it wirelessly again. Anyone ever heard of this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Default Re: DROID DNA WIreless Charging Issue

I have two Nokia chargers at home and do wired charging in the car and at the office and have never had any issues between the two. Only thing I can think of doing a factory reset which sucks since you lose all your data. I would wait for a better answer or maybe even all Verizon tech support maybe they'll have something.
    Thanked by:

Also no issues here switching between the chargers.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I have nokia 900 pad and only occassionally do wired charging, but have no problems like that either. Did lose ability to charge wirelessly on first phone, but wired charging still worked fine. Your issue seems to be a differnt one but may be tied into same problem with losing wireless charge capability. If this persists, I would see about getting new device.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Thanks for the replies...I will give a factory reset a shot on Friday and see if it still acts up on the weekend and if that is the case just look to get a replacement on monday

I have the same problem, its not my charger it works with the other phones i have. if I push down on the phone while its on the charger it keeps the charging connection, when I release the pressure it drops the connection. feels like maybe the back non removable cover is warped outward so the phones charging device is to far away from charger. if you push down on your phone does it keep the connection?

Quote Originally Posted by FiloBeto View Post
    I have the same problem, its not my charger it works with the other phones i have. if I push down on the phone while its on the charger it keeps the charging connection, when I release the pressure it drops the connection. feels like maybe the back non removable cover is warped outward so the phones charging device is to far away from charger. if you push down on your phone does it keep the connection?
    If the back is warped it makes sense that there would be an issue. There is a metal coil on the inside of the back that is used to transfer the power.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
    If the back is warped it makes sense that there would be an issue. There is a metal coil on the inside of the back that is used to transfer the power.
    Hmmmm....not so sure. My DNA has a Siedi cover on it and charges fine...surely the cover is thicker than a warp in the back plate? Could there possibly be a bad connection in the charging coil in the back plate?

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One