Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By talonsmith
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Cloud Storage for DNA??

Any pros and cons on choices of cloud storage apps/sites that are out there people are using? Not only amount of space available but security of the server being used, price per GB comparison or even free storage like Google drive, Dropbox etc... ?

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Best Cloud Storage for DNA??

I use dropbox, it is effortless. The photos automatically go to the storage and I don't have to worry about privacy like Google drive suddenly deciding I DID want to share it with everyone on G+
    Hanko and MrRicks84 like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,383 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I use dropbox for all my pictures and them upload after taking the picture and then use SkyDrive for my work files so I'm able to edit them on different devices. I have also used Google Drive and photobucket but prefer the first two.

Box.com is fantastic if you have lots of word/excel/PDF files (vs. videos and pics). Last time I used dropbox, the app only allowed temporary downloads one-file-at-a-time. With Box, you can batch dl entire folders, batch upload, write/create docs within the app, etc. I found it infinitely more useful when I was writing a research paper for school.

I think both box and dropbox have 2GB free for new accounts, but box usually has offers for 25-50GB free; I have 25GB free from dropbox as a school promotion, but it expires in two years :P. Here's a link for a free 50GB (lifetime, doesn't expire) account:: https://www.box.com/signup/o/dell_50gb_give_get. If you're still enrolled at a university, I think you get a free enterprise account--I signed up with my university email address, and automatically got one (max file size upload is 5GB).

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I think both box and dropbox have 2GB free for new accounts, but box usually has offers for 25-50GB free; I have 25GB free from dropbox as a school promotion, but it expires in two years :P. Here's a link for a free 50GB (lifetime, doesn't expire) account:: https://www.box.com/signup/o/dell_50gb_give_get. If you're still enrolled at a university, I think you get a free enterprise account--I signed up with my university email address, and automatically got one (max file size upload is 5GB).
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by talonsmith View Post
    I use dropbox, it is effortless. The photos automatically go to the storage and I don't have to worry about privacy like Google drive suddenly deciding I DID want to share it with everyone on G+
    Can you please explain your setup for this to take place, I can't seem to get the correct settings. (?) Thanks!
    Last edited by HumBum17; 02-20-2013 at 11:13 AM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by HumBum17 View Post
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the link :-) looks like a great storage solution and 50GB whoo hoo!!! And really sweet/simple app... Thanks again....

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by HumBum17 View Post
    Can you please explain your setup for this to take place, I can't seem to get the correct settings. (?) Thanks!
    What setting do you think is wrong? When I installed it the program asked if I want to auto upload the camera image automatically.

It was pretty straight forward.

Like a few others have mentioned I use Dropbox. It's user friendly, the free space is only 2gbs but there are ways around that!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Another vote for dropbox. When you install it asks if you want to upload pics. In fact it's become a little TOO friendly if you ask me. Box seems to be pretty basic but they do have a lot of specials. Microsoft Skydrive seems to be cheapest per gig.

Just remember with any of these if you set your photos to auto upload EVERY photo will upload...

I use Dropbox and i think there isn't any option better than it.