Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Having Annoying Scrolling/Select Issues

Long story short, I'm on my 2nd DNA because the 1st one would have this annoying issue where when I was scrolling it would sometimes select an item (i.e. tweet on twitter app) while I was scrolling or about to begin scrolling. This happened with multiple apps so I assumed it was possibly a hardware issue and Verizon sent me a brand new DNA. However, this one is having the exact same issue, even after I installed the update that fixed a lot of bugs. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing these issues as I've seen some scrolling lag threads but nothing that quite sounded like my issue. Is it bad luck and the result of consecutive faulty hardware or a software issue? Could I just be going crazy? Any input would be appreciated!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Default Re: Having Annoying Scrolling/Select Issues

I have a similar problem but its not as much of an issue for me. A lot of it has to do with the screen sensitivity and how fast you are scrolling and where on the screen. For instance I normally scroll near the right edge of the phone opposed to in the center and the screen is very close to the bezel. The faster I scroll the more likely I am to apply pressure or scroll in short rapid burst and accidentally press something.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Default Re: Having Annoying Scrolling/Select Issues

If it becomes to much of an issue, get a case like the OB defender that reduces screen sensitivity. Or since it has the raised lip, you never reach the edge of the phone and scrolling feels more controlled. Now, if its selecting items no where near your path of touch, there could be a software or hardware issue to blame. But from a non flawed DNA user, I have the sane issue from time to time.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA