Am I the only one who's not that excited about htc one?

Milad6923

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I mean after all look at specs , Htc one is basically the premium version of the Droid DNA , While it doesn't have some of the features like wireless charging and the second notification light ,...
Still I didn't see that much of a feature of the sense 5 , all I saw was the gallery app and that news feed widget,... all in all I'm not that much impressed and to be honest I do prefer to hold on my Droid Dna for now!

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I mean after all look at specs , Htc one is basically the premium version of the Droid DNA , While it doesn't have some of the features like wireless charging and the second notification light ,...
Still I didn't see that much of a feature of the sense 5 , all I saw was the gallery app and that news feed widget,... all in all I'm not that much impressed and to be honest I do prefer to hold on my Droid Dna for now!

I do hope that the Droid DNA gets sense 5...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I hear ya. I bought my DNA barely used to hold onto Unlimited Data and because my Bolt was failing, but if the One was coming to Big Red, I wouldn't burn my upgrade on it. However, I do think it looks like a really nice phone, and I hope it helps HTC regain market share.

And of course I also hope we get Sense 5.

Sent from my DNA

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got my DNA last week, so I'm not excited at all.:) Just aesthetically, I don't like the layout of the buttons on the One. Very happy with my DNA.

kemetblk

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Some features i like (better SoC, more storage), some I don't (no wireless charging). I have a week left to return my DNA and cancel my Verizon contract before I'm locked in for 2 years. Decisions, decisions...

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a sharp phone. The specs are pretty killer and the UI looks pretty nice. Overall I'm more excited for HTC because I think this might be the one the will finally give them an uptick.

talonsmith

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh well, at some point you have to commit to a phone. The updated specs aren't soo pronounced to make me have buyers remorse.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Im actually disappointed after all the hype. I much prefer my DNA, although red would have been a cool option for it. Here's to the next two years :)

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

liquid29

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm very happy with the DNA, and some of the things I'm reading about BlinkFeed make me wonder if HTC is going in a direction I won't like with their software. That said, I hope it does well because I want HTC to gain some better traction since I think they build fantastic hardware.

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't have either (debating it), but I do like the tiled task switcher of the One's Sense 5 much more than the carousel on the DNA. And the bigger battery. But I also like Verizon's coverage, soooooo... dunno.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Not really excited about the phone since the hardware isn't a huge upgrade compared to our DNA. I'm however pretty excited about new Sense and look forward to running on my DNA on a custom ROM since I doubt Verizon or HTC will give us that upgrade.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I doubt Verizon or HTC will give us that upgrade
Thats just terrible that Verizon has painted this image for its customers that are informed on places like Android Central.

But then again all they care about is getting you to sign that contract and pay your bill each month.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It's more HTC then Verizon because as far as I know they have never updated version of Sense on any phone. I assuming it's to keep people upgrading and rooting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It's more HTC then Verizon because as far as I know they have never updated version of Sense on any phone. I assuming it's to keep people upgrading and rooting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I think they updated Sense on the Bolt from 2.0 to 2.1. I also remember the Sensation getting an upgrade as well. Also, http://m.androidcentral.com/htc-deliver-jelly-bean-and-sense-4-upgrade-one-s-x-and-xl-month. I think Verizon is the problem when it comes to updates, but that's a guess on my part since I'm clearly not in on the decision making process. ;)

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
The front facing speakers alone make it worth consideration. That's a huge deal for me. I positively HATE the rear facing speaker in the DNA. The fact that there are two just makes it an even more desirable feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke