Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By maryjane2300
  • 1 Post By luke31
  • 1 Post By mightyfacundo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Am I the only one who's not that excited about htc one?

I mean after all look at specs , Htc one is basically the premium version of the Droid DNA , While it doesn't have some of the features like wireless charging and the second notification light ,...
    Still I didn't see that much of a feature of the sense 5 , all I saw was the gallery app and that news feed widget,... all in all I'm not that much impressed and to be honest I do prefer to hold on my Droid Dna for now!
    Thanked by:
    HPBolt 

Default Re: Am I the only one who's not that excited about htc one?

U don't have a choice but to hang on to the DNA. Verizon isnt getting the one.

Sent from my Sammy S3

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Milad6923 View Post
    I mean after all look at specs , Htc one is basically the premium version of the Droid DNA , While it doesn't have some of the features like wireless charging and the second notification light ,...
    Still I didn't see that much of a feature of the sense 5 , all I saw was the gallery app and that news feed widget,... all in all I'm not that much impressed and to be honest I do prefer to hold on my Droid Dna for now!
    I do hope that the Droid DNA gets sense 5...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)
    HPBolt likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    I do hope that the Droid DNA gets sense 5...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Milad6923 View Post
    I hear ya. I bought my DNA barely used to hold onto Unlimited Data and because my Bolt was failing, but if the One was coming to Big Red, I wouldn't burn my upgrade on it. However, I do think it looks like a really nice phone, and I hope it helps HTC regain market share.

And of course I also hope we get Sense 5.

Sent from my DNA

I just got my DNA last week, so I'm not excited at all.:-) Just aesthetically, I don't like the layout of the buttons on the One. Very happy with my DNA.

ROM
    S.O.S / Stock

Some features i like (better SoC, more storage), some I don't (no wireless charging). I have a week left to return my DNA and cancel my Verizon contract before I'm locked in for 2 years. Decisions, decisions...
    Moto Q9C < HTC Hero (cdma) < HTC EVO 4G + Moto Photon 4G< HTC DNA

Hard to get excited for a phone that isn't slated for our network. At least as far as we know.

I think it's a sharp phone. The specs are pretty killer and the UI looks pretty nice. Overall I'm more excited for HTC because I think this might be the one the will finally give them an uptick.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Oh well, at some point you have to commit to a phone. The updated specs aren't soo pronounced to make me have buyers remorse.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Im actually disappointed after all the hype. I much prefer my DNA, although red would have been a cool option for it. Here's to the next two years :-)

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I'm very happy with the DNA, and some of the things I'm reading about BlinkFeed make me wonder if HTC is going in a direction I won't like with their software. That said, I hope it does well because I want HTC to gain some better traction since I think they build fantastic hardware.

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts

Don't have either (debating it), but I do like the tiled task switcher of the One's Sense 5 much more than the carousel on the DNA. And the bigger battery. But I also like Verizon's coverage, soooooo... dunno.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Not really excited about the phone since the hardware isn't a huge upgrade compared to our DNA. I'm however pretty excited about new Sense and look forward to running on my DNA on a custom ROM since I doubt Verizon or HTC will give us that upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    I doubt Verizon or HTC will give us that upgrade
    Thats just terrible that Verizon has painted this image for its customers that are informed on places like Android Central.

But then again all they care about is getting you to sign that contract and pay your bill each month.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

It's more HTC then Verizon because as far as I know they have never updated version of Sense on any phone. I assuming it's to keep people upgrading and rooting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It's more HTC then Verizon because as far as I know they have never updated version of Sense on any phone. I assuming it's to keep people upgrading and rooting.

I think they updated Sense on the Bolt from 2.0 to 2.1. I also remember the Sensation getting an upgrade as well. Also, http://m.androidcentral.com/htc-deli...x-and-xl-month. I think Verizon is the problem when it comes to updates, but that's a guess on my part since I'm clearly not in on the decision making process.

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.
    mclarryjr likes this.

They also updated sense on the rezound when it got ICS.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Looks like I was wrong again Didn't keep my Bolt long enough for the update and didn't follow the rezound.

The front facing speakers alone make it worth consideration. That's a huge deal for me. I positively HATE the rear facing speaker in the DNA. The fact that there are two just makes it an even more desirable feature.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    Dev Alliance Sense 5.0

Also updated the Evo to sense 2.0 a vs the Evo 3D to sense 3.5of and didn't the bolt just get sense 3.5 with the ICS update?

Sent From My HTC....oh wait it's stuck at customs