Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Infinite Jest
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Snapdragon Batteryguru

Anyone interested in giving this a go? I'm gonna try it and see if it helps.

Sent from my DNA

Default Re: Snapdragon Batteryguru

That sounds interesting, but as with Juice Defender it's not doing anything you can't. But it DOES do it, while a human might forget - one advantage of computers is that they don't forget unless they are told to. JD does more or less the same thing, but it uses location awareness to control mobile data - it worked, but didn't make a huge difference. I might give it a try though. It sounds cool.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried JD on my Bolt but it didn't help or hurt battery life so I uninstalled it. I don't know if this will help but I'm always up for trying anything that promises better battery life.

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.

I very much doubt it will make any real difference - maybe like JD it will bump battery life by perhaps 20%, tops. Which is still worthwhile, but not earthshaking. Most of the battery is eaten by display and system, and there is nothing much you can do about that.

Just installed it... If it wasn't made by Qualcomm, I wouldn't bother. But it looks interesting.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts

It has been learning for the last two days. I'm curious to see what it's going to say/do. Like Wingznut stated... if it wasn't by Qualcomm...
    Last edited by alcor34; 02-21-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alcor34 View Post
    It's been learning for the last two days. I'm curious to see what it's going to say/do. Like Wingznut stated... if it wasn't by Qualcomm...
    Mine is still thinking too. I am playing with in on the DNA, but I think I will try it next on the S3 since I have hard battery data on it.

I have noticed a decrease in my battery since installing.

Over an 8 hour period it has had over 3000 wakelocks and woke device over 1000 times.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Ran it for my Razr M for nearly 3 days and nothing, uninstalled.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblin30 View Post
    Ran it for my Razr M for nearly 3 days and nothing, uninstalled.
    Had it finished "learning" before you uninstalled it?

Sent from my DNA

Mine just finished "learning" this morning.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Let me know what you notice. I had to get a replacement phone yesterday so I'll be waiting again. Thanks.

Sent from my DNA

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    Had it finished "learning" before you uninstalled it?

Sent from my DNA

No, I got tired of waiting

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Uninstalled. Using to much battery in standby.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    Uninstalled. Using to much battery in standby.

How are you seeing it using battery? I looked at battery detail from the settings menu and it doesn't even appear - I am assuming the usage is nearly zero.

My standby time went to hell after I installed it. It was showing anywhere from 3 to 5 percent of power used by aps. I'm guessing it had something to do with the 3 to 4 thousand wake locks and 1600 device wakes over a 9 hour period.

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    My standby time went to hell after I installed it. It was showing anywhere from 3 to 5 percent of power used by aps. I'm guessing it had something to do with the 3 to 4 thousand wake locks and 1600 device wakes over a 9 hour period.

OK, what are you using to track all that? Seriously - I'm curious. I'd like to see if it's doing the same to my phone.

Installed it 5 days ago, been using it for a day. I notice really great savings so far. Standby it decreases very minimally, maybe 1-2% over a 10 hour period. I'll go to bed with it at 90%, wake up with it at 90% and use it for 30-45 minutes before it goes down. Great app from Snapdragon. I recommend it so far. Also, it isn't using any CPU, nor is it causing an excess of wakelocks on my device I've been monitoring it. Messages has more wakelocks than Snapdragon BatteryGuru for me. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in

ROM
    Bugless Beast- GNex

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Perone View Post
    Installed it 5 days ago, been using it for a day. I notice really great savings so far. Standby it decreases very minimally, maybe 1-2% over a 10 hour period. I'll go to bed with it at 90%, wake up with it at 90% and use it for 30-45 minutes before it goes down. Great app from Snapdragon. I recommend it so far. Also, it isn't using any CPU, nor is it causing an excess of wakelocks on my device I've been monitoring it. Messages has more wakelocks than Snapdragon BatteryGuru for me. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in
    Just installed on my DNA, started learning and said I should start seeing results in 2 days 2 hours. I'm on NOS ROM with Sense 5 and Beast kernel I believe and this phone is day and night better than my Gnex. Didn't expect this great of a battery with this screen (In Auto) and size of battery. This phone would be fantastic if it would of gotten 32GB or storage and around 2500mAh battery! My daughter has the HTC One and it's nice but I'll take my 5" screen instead. May need to intall this app for her, although she gets all day use from her One compared to her Sensation and shes a HEAVY user!

ROM
    CM10.2

Quote Originally Posted by AZDROIDX View Post
    Just installed on my DNA, started learning and said I should start seeing results in 2 days 2 hours. I'm on NOS ROM with Sense 5 and Beast kernel I believe and this phone is day and night better than my Gnex. Didn't expect this great of a battery with this screen (In Auto) and size of battery. This phone would be fantastic if it would of gotten 32GB or storage and around 2500mAh battery! My daughter has the HTC One and it's nice but I'll take my 5" screen instead. May need to intall this app for her, although she gets all day use from her One compared to her Sensation and shes a HEAVY user!
    Let me know if that app works to extend your battery life! If I use my phone heavily I can run out the battery in 5-6 hours.

ROM
    Bugless Beast- GNex

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.Lynch View Post
    Let me know if that app works to extend your battery life! If I use my phone heavily I can run out the battery in 5-6 hours.
    Will do,heavy use will drain any battery. But I get 2.5 to 4hrs of screen time depending on how long I'm using WiFi. On the weekend at home using WiFi, I can easily get 4hrs+ of screen time with Auto brightness. But like I mentioned above, compared to my Gnex the DNA is awesome on the battery! If this app helps, then it would be even better!

Anyone seen a difference with there battery life? I have been out of learning for two days can't say I notice anything different at all with my battery

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Standby is the main large return area. I can leave the phone off a charger overnight with no worries and know that my alarm will still go on.

It is overly aggressive shutting wifi off. I have to watch that, my data use spiked because of this.

Sent from my HTC DNA

Quote Originally Posted by talonsmith View Post
    Standby is the main large return area. I can leave the phone off a charger overnight with no worries and know that my alarm will still go on.

It is overly aggressive shutting wifi off. I have to watch that, my data use spiked because of this.

Sent from my HTC DNA
    I wound up just killing the wifi management.
    AZDROIDX likes this.