Sometimes I gmail email notifications and gmail email / sometimes I don't

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I am having a very annoying intermittent problem concerning my gmail emails and the notification sound.

Sometimes I receive my gmail email without receiving any notification sound. Then sometimes I receive the gmail email with the notification sound. Sometimes I have to manually sync in order to get the gmail email.

I have tried turning off the sync and then turning it on again. - no such luck. Sound and vibrate is set to "ON" I have also cleared the cache and force stopped gmail. I tried turning the phone off and then on again - no such luck. Phone is not in airplane mode

I called VZW tech support and they could not find a solution. Does anybody have any ideas as to how to resolve this issue? My hands are tied.

Thanks

:'(

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I use the gmail app for my gmail. I don't use a notification sound for it. Having said that, in my opinion, the gmail app is better. If it were me, I would try the gmail app and delete it from the stock app. See if there is a difference then. The gmail app pushes the email, so you shouldn't have a problem getting them. If you try this, let me know how it works.

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh I made a mistake....I am using the Gmail application, not the stock application. Sorry for the confusion. Since yesterday Gmail pushes for me sometimes. Sometimes it does not.

When I first got the phone I did not have a problem. Last few weeks it has been hit or miss.

Sabrina Fair

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue, I also have 2 gmail accounts on the Gmail app.. happens everyday..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Tried that. It looks like I am going to have to do a factory reset <sigh>

thanks for your help.

SF

- - - Updated - - -

I have the same issue, I also have 2 gmail accounts on the Gmail app.. happens everyday..
Oh mannnn. Sorry you are having the same issue.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hope it works.

Just got back from the VZW store. They deleted the gmail account, then put it back in. The tech then changed some of the settings (not sure which ones). Now it works. I did notice that it takes about 1 minute to receive emails & notifications (been sending some emails to myself from my computer...). So for now I am good to go

Sabrina

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from the VZW store. They deleted the gmail account, then put it back in. The tech then changed some of the settings (not sure which ones). Now it works. I did notice that it takes about 1 minute to receive emails & notifications (been sending some emails to myself from my computer...). So for now I am good to go

Sabrina

Glad they were able to help. And I'll remember that if it happens to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci