1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sometimes I gmail email notifications and gmail email / sometimes I don't

Hi everybody,

I am having a very annoying intermittent problem concerning my gmail emails and the notification sound.

Sometimes I receive my gmail email without receiving any notification sound. Then sometimes I receive the gmail email with the notification sound. Sometimes I have to manually sync in order to get the gmail email.

I have tried turning off the sync and then turning it on again. - no such luck. Sound and vibrate is set to "ON" I have also cleared the cache and force stopped gmail. I tried turning the phone off and then on again - no such luck. Phone is not in airplane mode

I called VZW tech support and they could not find a solution. Does anybody have any ideas as to how to resolve this issue? My hands are tied.

Thanks

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Sometimes I gmail email notifications and gmail email / sometimes I don't

Title should read: "Sometimes I get gmail email notifications and gmail email / sometimes I don't"

Default Re: Sometimes I gmail email notifications and gmail email / sometimes I don't

Are you using the Stock email app or the gmail app. Or both?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Only using the stock application.

I use the gmail app for my gmail. I don't use a notification sound for it. Having said that, in my opinion, the gmail app is better. If it were me, I would try the gmail app and delete it from the stock app. See if there is a difference then. The gmail app pushes the email, so you shouldn't have a problem getting them. If you try this, let me know how it works.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Oh I made a mistake....I am using the Gmail application, not the stock application. Sorry for the confusion. Since yesterday Gmail pushes for me sometimes. Sometimes it does not.

When I first got the phone I did not have a problem. Last few weeks it has been hit or miss.

Sabrina Fair

OK. The only other things I can think of is to try clearing data on the app or a factory reset.
    Thanked by:

I have the same issue, I also have 2 gmail accounts on the Gmail app.. happens everyday..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Tried that. It looks like I am going to have to do a factory reset <sigh>

thanks for your help.

SF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ericlc2 View Post
    I have the same issue, I also have 2 gmail accounts on the Gmail app.. happens everyday..
    Oh mannnn. Sorry you are having the same issue.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina Fair View Post
    Tried that. It looks like I am going to have to do a factory reset <sigh>

thanks for your help.

SF

- - - Updated - - -
    Hope it works.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by antilles76 View Post
    Hope it works.
    Just got back from the VZW store. They deleted the gmail account, then put it back in. The tech then changed some of the settings (not sure which ones). Now it works. I did notice that it takes about 1 minute to receive emails & notifications (been sending some emails to myself from my computer...). So for now I am good to go

Sabrina

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina Fair View Post
    Just got back from the VZW store. They deleted the gmail account, then put it back in. The tech then changed some of the settings (not sure which ones). Now it works. I did notice that it takes about 1 minute to receive emails & notifications (been sending some emails to myself from my computer...). So for now I am good to go

Sabrina
    Glad they were able to help. And I'll remember that if it happens to me.