Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By benzart
  • 1 Post By Irvgotti
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New DNA

Just got my HTC Droid DNA from Best Buy for 99.00$ after the $50 Free gift card they offer.
    Price now is $149.99 and if you get the gift card and use it you have it for $99,99 plus tax and stuff! Excellent deal? I'm Happy!
    LOVE my new DNA.
    Benzart
    mclarryjr likes this.

Default Re: New DNA

I'm really liking mine too. One thing I discovered today is the camera. It may get some bad press for not being the S3 or iPhones camera, and maybe there is some truth and deserved criticism there. But man it's FAST. I took pics at the auto show today, and you touch the shutter and BAM, you have a pic shot and stored, and the camera is up for the next one. I haven't had a camera this quick since the film days shooting with a Maxxum 9 - their pro body that I used as a sports photographer. The pics seem just fine in good light, so no complaints there. And it's way faster than my Samsung Galaxy S3 camera.

What a good deal! A word of caution though, do not get the best buy insurance. It is the worst. They dont do overnight replacement shipping. You have to wait a week + for your replacement. They give you a loaner phone thats a dumb phone thats so beat up youll be embarrassed to use it. I think Assurion is still in open enrollment, so call Verizon and get on assurion. Not only is it better, its cheaper also. Congrats on your DNA.!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Taking pictures in 4:3 results in a higher resolution than 16:9 . 4:3= 8mp 16:9=6mp

Privacy is overrated :P
    Thanked by:
    ggrr8t 
    ggrr8t likes this.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by benzart View Post
    Just got my HTC Droid DNA from Best Buy for 99.00$ after the $50 Free gift card they offer.
    Price now is $149.99 and if you get the gift card and use it you have it for $99,99 plus tax and stuff! Excellent deal? I'm Happy!
    LOVE my new DNA.
    Benzart
    Print the Wirefly add, they should refund you $50. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and got the DNA for $49.99 with the $50 GC + price match.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I just got mine just over a week ago. Such a step up from my previous phone. I took it off the charger on Friday afternoon and it lasted until about 12 noon today. The camera takes great pictures, and the phone is fast. I can't think of anything that I dislike about it.

None of that is true except overnight. I'm assuming you use Best Buy several years ago.

It is 2 days usually and they have loaner smart phones. Usually older ones obviously, the store near me uses stuff like the Evo for Sprint.
    Most importantly they don't charge the deductible that Assurion does, though Assurion will cover theft which Best Buy doesn't.
    Depends on if you think you are more likely to damage your phone or have it stolen. Damaged Best Buy will save you quite a bit of money, stolen obviously go Assurion, but you will pay more if you drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by menelmacar18 View Post
    None of that is true except overnight. I'm assuming you use Best Buy several years ago.

It is 2 days usually and they have loaner smart phones. Usually older ones obviously, the store near me uses stuff like the Evo for Sprint.
    Most importantly they don't charge the deductible that Assurion does, though Assurion will cover theft which Best Buy doesn't.
    Depends on if you think you are more likely to damage your phone or have it stolen. Damaged Best Buy will save you quite a bit of money, stolen obviously go Assurion, but you will pay more if you drop it.
    Actually, my brother had to deal with best buy insurance less than a month ago. Worst service ever. Why wouldnt they overnight the phone? 10 bucks a month and they cant do that? Pathetic. Whereas Assurion is only 7 bucks a month. It does have a deductible, but id rather do that than wait a week for a replacement phone.

Hold the "button" down without releasing and camera will take pictures in burst mode. It will then show the best one. Tap the resulting picture and it will spread open to all of the pictures taken on that burst

My dumbphone is finally dying and I think the Droid DNA is going to be my choice. Since i spend a lot of time on Apple computers, are there any wrinkles in the process of syncing that i should be aware of?

I know that iTunes isn't the first choice for a music player, but someone told me that the DNA can't play AAC tracks. Is that true?

Any other headaches that might come up?

Thanks,
    Paul

My family and I just ordered our new phones for switching to Verizon. Got a Droid DNA, Samsung Galaxy S3, and Samsung Galaxy Stratophere II for $49.98 total before tax with free shipping from Newegg.