Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: How many times has your DNA been replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    Can anyone who has recently received a replacement tell me if the unit you received had the software update already installed? I have a cracking on the bottom screen of my DNA but really need to root and since that doesn't work with the update version I just might be screwed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    The last few I've had have all been up to date.
    Thanked by:

The unit I got to replace one with a dead capacitive light seems to be alright besides the ugly yellow tint. Has anyone run into this kind of tint?

How many times has your DNA been replaced?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365306639.835900.jpg

How many times has your DNA been replaced?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365306669.559905.jpg
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    The unit I got to replace one with a dead capacitive light seems to be alright besides the ugly yellow tint. Has anyone run into this kind of tint?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365306639.835900.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	64772

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365306669.559905.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	64773
    I haven't. I would send that back in as well.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    I haven't. I would send that back in as well.

At this point, I'm not going to even risk sending it back. I'm sure I'd just get another partially broken unit.

At this point, I'm not going to even risk sending it back. I'm sure I'd just get another partially broken unit.
    Well, I decided to send it back as the panel seems to have other issues (reds look a bit orange and there is significant backlight shadowing across the right side the screen) and one of the capacitive backlight seemed to have burned out (second phone in a row!). These refurbished phones suck royal you-know-whats.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Well, I decided to send it back as the panel seems to have other issues (reds look a bit orange and there is significant backlight shadowing across the right side the screen) and one of the capacitive backlight seemed to have burned out (second phone in a row!). These refurbished phones suck royal you-know-whats.
    How many have you been through now??

How many have you been through now??

Somewhere around 8.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Somewhere around 8.
    Holy mother. Have they offered to replace it with a different device, or have toy rejected it? The DNA is a lovely phone, but if I had that many problems....sheesh. did you get it at launch?

Holy mother. Have they offered to replace it with a different device, or have toy rejected it? The DNA is a lovely phone, but if I had that many problems....sheesh. did you get it at launch?

I just keep getting crappy refurbs. I'm sure eventually (hopefully this next one) I'll get one without any major defects.
    Banned

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Wow it looks like the dna is a lemon just like just about every other phone made by htc. I owned a htc blunderbolt and know I've learned my lesson and will never buy an htc product ever again. ...I hope you all have learned a lesson too.

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PittiesRule View Post
    Wow it looks like the dna is a lemon just like just about every other phone made by htc. I owned a htc blunderbolt and know I've learned my lesson and will never buy an htc product ever again. ...I hope you all have learned a lesson too.

I love my DNA and am genuinely pleased in HTC and Verizon's support of it thus far. I have owned it for two months and have recieved one update with a second on the way. My husband can't say the same for his GN2, which has yet to see an update for the software gliches he is suffering with. The phone itself is a great piece of hardware and software combined, but Verizon and or Assurion need to step up their quality control on refurbs.

Moded for common decency.
    Infinite Jest likes this.

Then leave the HTC One sub forums.

HTC phones are so bad that Samsung has admitted to hiring students to bad mouth and leave fake reviews on them.

But then again if I made plastic phones with cheap radios that got no reception in fringe areas I would want to deflect attention away from that too.

Had a Samsung once worst experience I have ever had with a phone and will never have another. If Samsung produced the only available android phones I would switch to the IPhone.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    HTC phones are so bad that Samsung has admitted to hiring students to bad mouth and leave fake reviews on them.

But then again if I made plastic phones with cheap radios that got no reception in fringe areas I would want to deflect attention away from that too.

Had a Samsung once worst experience I have ever had with a phone and will never have another. If Samsung produced the only available android phones I would switch to the IPhone.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    The last Samsung device I had was a Samsung blackjack 2 and I swore from there on I would never get another Samsung! Bought it brand new, within four months the phone was cracking between the screen and physical keyboard. I could flex the phone, it was literally breaking in half. It was never dropped or thrown. The screen obtained an irrational amount of dust beneath it, and within 6 months the phone would recieve sms, but when I clicked on the thread, it would open up to a blank screen. I had to send and receive texts as mms in order to read and reply to a text message. That limited my correspondence via text to only those that had picture messaging (at that time, it wasn't included in a data package.) The only positive of that phone was the loud speaker. Which also went out by 7 months of ownership.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

5 years later and they are still making phones out of that same cheap plastic.

I had mine replaced 6 times for all kinds of reasons. The dna is a horrible device. Htc rushed this out.
    I went back to the king Samsung. Got the note 2 and couldnt be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
    The only lesson. we learned isyou are an ignorant troll all phones have duds Samsung included I can bring plenty of complaints about Samsung the shooty radios the dim oversaturated display,the cheap plastic build, that I have experienced, but coming to a forum just to troll makes you sound like the complete ***** you are.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    All phones do have bugs. Samsung is not rushing crappy phones. The dna is the worst phone ive ever used. When i plus all the others going through a average of 5 replacements something is wrong. So your the idoit on this one.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tre flip View Post
    All phones do have bugs. Samsung is not rushing crappy phones. The dna is the worst phone ive ever used. When i plus all the others going through a average of 5 replacements something is wrong. So your the idoit on this one.
    There is no need to call names, even if he set the pace for it. Every one has an opinion, and opinions can not be wrong. The reasons behind them can be biased or from misinformation, but they are not wrong, even if we don't agree with them. The DNA may have been a lemon device for you, but for many others, including myself, it has been the best device we have owned. It is unfortunate that you had the experience with HTC that you did, and I am glad to hear that by switching to the note 2, you found everything you need in a smart phone. That is what I have found in the DNA.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365306639.835900.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	64772

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365306669.559905.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	64773
    From yellow to yellower and dim. I can barely see the damned screen outside! This is getting really tiring.

How many times has your DNA been replaced?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366381882.970088.jpg
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

From yellow to yellower and dim. I can barely see the damned screen outside! This is getting really tiring.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366381882.970088.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	65499
    I would raise a damn fit until they supplied me with a new handset. Its difficult, but it has been done. And after how many refurbs you have been through!

Banned

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366381882.970088.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	65499
    You should admit your mistake and then march into the VZW store and demand your phone be replaced with a completely different model.That't the only way it was possiblr foe me to get out of the nightmare known as blunderbolt.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

You should admit your mistake and then march into the VZW store and demand your phone be replaced with a completely different model.That't the only way it was possiblr foe me to get out of the nightmare known as blunderbolt.
    My god I thought we had been through this before. Purchasing an HTC device is not a mistake.

Topgonzo likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

My god I thought we had been through this before. Purchasing an HTC device is not a mistake.

Just checking to see if you're still here
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Just checking to see if you're still here
    Always. Im on this site like flies on cow patties.

I managed to get through to a supervisor and they're monitoring the situation as I;ve had so many replacements. They're going to call me the day after I receive the next one and will go from there if there's an issue. Crossing my fingers!!!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast