Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: How many times has your DNA been replaced?

I've pulled a few posts from this thread for cleanup; let's keep things on-topic and friendly. Using language and calling others by insulting names isn't necessary. Remember to use the 'report post' button if there's a post you want the moderator team to see, and you're always welcome to PM me if you feel it's appropriate to do so.

For those working through lemons or quality control issues, it sucks to get one of those devices and can be hard to get a new one at times, but it's definitely worth it and you certainly deserve it for your money.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    I managed to get through to a supervisor and they're monitoring the situation as I;ve had so many replacements. They're going to call me the day after I receive the next one and will go from there if there's an issue. Crossing my fingers!!!!
    I wish you the best of luck. After I dropped my DNA down some concrete steps, it had to be replaced. I had the phone insured through Best Buy. Because the phone was on back order, they just told me I could pick any new phone at their store that I wanted. Literally, they told me I could even reserve the Galaxy S4 if I wanted that as the replacement.

Because the HTC One is not on Verizon and I don't like the plastic look of the S4, I asked them to please find me a new DNA somewhere. They had an employee from another store drive a DNA down to my store from an hour north to give me a brand new DNA (not a refurb). I have had my new one for two weeks and it is perfect in every way.

If you buy a new phone in the future, I highly recommend using Best Buy to get it and insure it through them. They have just made me a life-long smartphone buyer from them.

I wish you the best of luck.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

OP here. After a week of 10 no sim card lock ups, 2 PUK lock ups and a couple of issues with airplane mode, blue tooth and HTC media link coming on by themselves, phone #4 is on the way. They offered me an LG Intuition or Razor M as replacements.I told them I love the DNA if it just didn't keep having these sim issues and have too much invested in HTC accessories. Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ddsdavid View Post
    OP here. After a week of 10 no sim card lock ups, 2 PUK lock ups and a couple of issues with airplane mode, blue tooth and HTC media link coming on by themselves, phone #4 is on the way. They offered me an LG Intuition or Razor M as replacements.I told them I love the DNA if it just didn't keep having these sim issues and have too much invested in HTC accessories. Wish me luck!
    I give you props for your patience, I can't say that if my DNA goes out I will have that much patience. In fact I returned my First DNA within the first 2 weeks bc of PUK lock and SIM issue and went to a GN2 before I decided to come back. Right now I'm contemplating on going to another phone. Still deciding though, I do love this phone and feel like I don't want to give up on it. Right now I have no issues, works like a charm, hope it stays that way...knocking on wood. I do hope that your persistence pays off.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by law2010 View Post
    I wish you the best of luck. After I dropped my DNA down some concrete steps, it had to be replaced. I had the phone insured through Best Buy. Because the phone was on back order, they just told me I could pick any new phone at their store that I wanted. Literally, they told me I could even reserve the Galaxy S4 if I wanted that as the replacement.

Because the HTC One is not on Verizon and I don't like the plastic look of the S4, I asked them to please find me a new DNA somewhere. They had an employee from another store drive a DNA down to my store from an hour north to give me a brand new DNA (not a refurb). I have had my new one for two weeks and it is perfect in every way.

If you buy a new phone in the future, I highly recommend using Best Buy to get it and insure it through them. They have just made me a life-long smartphone buyer from them.

I wish you the best of luck.
    The only thing I don't like about BB's insurance is that if you lose the phone you are out of luck. With Verizon that's covered also. If BB ever add that coverage I will make the switch.

My DNA has been awesome and I hope it stays that way. Love the phone.
    Feeling sorry for all those ipad/iphone users out there.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

Well # 4 showed up today and it will not charge wireless. I am so very frustrated. I love this phone but I am beginning to hate it as well. #5 will be here tomorrow and I just want a phone I can count on. I'm not under contract and at this point if someone offered me enough cash for my new one coming tomorrow I think I would jump ship and buy the new S4. I think I'll go pound my head against the wall

Well # 4 showed up today and it will not charge wireless. I am so very frustrated. I love this phone but I am beginning to hate it as well. #5 will be here tomorrow and I just want a phone I can count on. I'm not under contract and at this point if someone offered me enough cash for my new one coming tomorrow I think I would jump ship and buy the new S4. I think I'll go pound my head against the wall
    I caved...returned my DNA and got the S4. Seeing posts such as yours made me wonder when will my DNA start having problems. Unfortunatly im just not willing to put myself through that frustration. I do very much love HTC phones and hope the new generations of HTC wont have that issue. I did find a post recently where the user indicated his/her HTC One started saying no SIM found. However I havent seen any other posts about it so assume its an isolated issue. But the one release is pretty recent, so only time will tell.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

Quote Originally Posted by Notsosure View Post
    I caved...returned my DNA and got the S4. Seeing posts such as yours made me wonder when will my DNA start having problems. Unfortunatly im just not willing to put myself through that frustration. I do very much love HTC phones and hope the new generations of HTC wont have that issue. I did find a post recently where the user indicated his/her HTC One started saying no SIM found. However I havent seen any other posts about it so assume its an isolated issue. But the one release is pretty recent, so only time will tell.

I would appreciate an update later as to how you like the S4. It looks like the DNA is getting decent prices on Ebay and Samsung will give $175.00 for it. I may well put the new-refurbished one on Ebay.

I would appreciate an update later as to how you like the S4. It looks like the DNA is getting decent prices on Ebay and Samsung will give $175.00 for it. I may well put the new-refurbished one on Ebay.
    I'm going to be honest and tell you go ahead and switch it up to save yourself from further frustration with the DNA, can't say you didnt try with so many attempts.

I'm loving my new S4. The phone is a beaut. The UI is very smooth. The call quality is great plus you get a bigger sized battery saving yourself the trouble of constantly charging if you are a heavy user. And if you need a bigger battery you can simply replace it. I was not a big fan of touchwiz, really enjoyed the sense UI. However, this phone kinda changed my way of thinking.

I think that you should definitely at least go in to a verizon store and play with it a little bit to see it for yourself and experience it. Afterall only you will know if the phone is right for you.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #85  

Last post here. DNA #5 came today and I didn't even peel of the protective plastic. I had a buyer so I said goodbye and bought a Galaxy S4. Time will tell if it was a good move.
    Notsosure likes this.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Last post here. DNA #5 came today and I didn't even peel of the protective plastic. I had a buyer so I said goodbye and bought a Galaxy S4. Time will tell if it was a good move.
    The fact that you are on DNA #5 it sounds like a smart move.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234