Double Notifications

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I am getting notifications for Words With Friends and Facebook twice. I thought it was after the recent FB update, but I know I couldn't be crazy after seeing the WWF note again in less than two minutes...Help!!!

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was just me! I just did a factory wipe. I'll let you know how it goes I was getting doubles from twitter, Facebook, and cbs sports

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Haunted_Toaster

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just started getting double updates on FB after the last update on my RAZR HD too. Very odd, tried a reset and still getting them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Found this thread through Google. I have a note 2 and am getting double notifications also. I rolled back to an old titanium facebook backup and its stil happening. Annoying

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the double notifications issue with Instagram & it is very annoying. I think it's an Android issue because so many devices on so many versions of Jellybean are seeing this.

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What.. I NEVER get words with Friends notifications... I have to open the app constantly to see if its my turn..
Just today I started getting double FB notifications for a bit but it hasn't happened with the last couple notifications..
whatever the issue is I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the new Google settings app...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I read other posts of users with similar notification issues. It seems like it was a Google server issue. Today I'm not getting the doubles I was for the past two days. I guess I factory reset my phone for nothing :-( but at least it's a fresh install and I tested carbon backup. Anyone else okay today?

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting double Facebook notifications as well. They just started happening the other day, or maybe I just noticed it start happening the other day. I haven't made any changes or installed anything new (of my own doing) on my phone. I did notice there is a green Google Settings icon in my app drawer now that wasn't there before. But, I don't think that could be causing it.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I didn't realize at first it might be a Google issue, I want to say I still got doubles last night after the factory reset, which I only did for practice and to start with a clean slate . This morning twitter notifications were delayed by about 6 minutes, now everything seems back to normal and no more doubles

Edit: I just got double from twitter, hopefully Google sorts this out, it's has to be on their side.

Edit: now things are normal again, pretty random but today was not nearly as bad as Monday night. As one else notice?

Last edited:

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So am I the only one with a DNA that plays Words with Friends.. and gets absolutely zero notifications.... ever..

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I play WWF quite often & get all my notifications for this app but always double notifications.

Well crap, I wonder why I get zero notifications...
I have notifications turned on in the app settings. I have even checked settings on the app within the Facebook site on my laptop.. I am somewhat of a Rom flashaholic so I am constanly reinstalling the app so I don't klneed to do talhat again...
It has me perplexed...

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Not only do I get a notification, but I would get it before my friend would get the points for his play on his phone! DNA vs Sprint Galaxy Nexus. The look on his face was priceless when it happened. His phone would take about 45 seconds to get the notification.

You may have already tried but try changing how often it checks for an update for a play. I have it set at 5min, the shortest time and it seems to just be a push notification. Other than that maybe try a reinstall of the game

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not only do I get a notification, but I would get it before my friend would get the points for his play on his phone! DNA vs Sprint Galaxy Nexus. The look on his face was priceless when it happened. His phone would take about 45 seconds to get the notification.

You may have already tried but try changing how often it checks for an update for a play. I have it set at 5min, the shortest time and it seems to just be a push notification. Other than that maybe try a reinstall of the game

I don't have any options about how often to check for notifications.. I only have the use notifications and its a check box.. am I missing some other screen for settings... I have uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times.. with no changes..