Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By mightyfacundo
  • 3 Post By jerseykirby
  • 1 Post By MikeLip
  • 1 Post By MikeLip
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid DNA v iPhone

I know this has probably been asked a hundred times, but I would like some opinions. I am ready for my upgrade and am interested in bot the iPhone 5 and the Droid DNA. Opinions are great, I have been asking around and have been getting mixed reviews naturally but have yet to run into someone who has had the pleasure of using both devices. Like it says, opinions greatly appreciated.

ROM
    None

Default Re: Droid DNA v iPhone

My IPhone5/ 64 has been retired since getting the DNA. The screen is WAY TO SMALL.
    Thanked by 2:

Up front - either phone is going to be a very good phone. So, what do you want? Do you want the bragging rights of the DNA screen? I can't tell the difference, but if you are younger than I am maybe you can. Do you want the thinness of the iPhone? It sure is classy looking. Do you want the ability to customize your screen? You want Android. Do you want rock solid and are willing to trade a bit of bland and boring? iPhone. I do have to say that the DNA is the best speakerphone I've heard. But the DNA phone software is a little overly complex - for instance I set my DNA to speaker, went and did some other stuff with it while waiting on American Airlines insanely slow customer support, and was unable to find how to get back to handset. That doesn't happen with iPhone. There are a few bugs in the DNA software, but nothing major. So if you want an unbiased opinion (which you are in the wrong place for, btw) either will be good. My favorite phone though is the S3. Go figure. At this level, there ARE no bad phones.
    Thanked by:

Mike makes very good points, so I'll just add one thing. I think it comes down to a choice between ecosystems. Both phones are great and do many of the same things. If you're heavily invested in Apple, then that might be the way to go. If you prefer the choices that Android offers, then there you go. Either way though, I think you'll be happy with your choice. Good luck.

Sent from my DNA
    Thanked by:
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the replies guys, greatly appreciated. I agree with all points made. I do have other Apple devices but I want to change my daily device, the rest is not a factor. I think I am going to go with the DNA as I am quite bored with Apple and my iPhone 4s now.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseykirby View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, greatly appreciated. I agree with all points made. I do have other Apple devices but I want to change my daily device, the rest is not a factor. I think I am going to go with the DNA as I am quite bored with Apple and my iPhone 4s now.
    Awesome. And boredom is why I'm on Android. Have fun!
    Thanked by:

It's like comparing apples and turds

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

To the OP's question, my son, 14, has an iPhone 5, and I have the DNA.

Neither one of us would trade!

Quote Originally Posted by droidman2177 View Post
    It's like comparing apples and turds
    I'd be careful using that kind of comparison if you are trying to imply Android is better. After all the iPhone is an Apple, which leave the turds for...
    jerseykirby likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Just an update, got my DNA last night and loving it. Few things I need to get used to but the aren't anything major. For instance, the font is HUGE on this thing even on small haha it's okay though. I'm sure I will be okay. Thanks for everyone's opinions!!

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    I do have to say that the DNA is the best speakerphone I've heard. But the DNA phone software is a little overly complex - for instance I set my DNA to speaker, went and did some other stuff with it while waiting on American Airlines insanely slow customer support, and was unable to find how to get back to handset. That doesn't happen with iPhone.
    By the way, to turn the DNA's speakerphone on, you can simply place it face down on a table during a call.

To return to handset mode, simply pick it up!

Not too confusing....

Yeah, I know that NOW! At the time I felt pretty dumb. That is a GREAT feature of this phone. I wish all phones did that.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseykirby View Post
    Just an update, got my DNA last night and loving it. Few things I need to get used to but the aren't anything major. For instance, the font is HUGE on this thing even on small haha it's okay though. I'm sure I will be okay. Thanks for everyone's opinions!!
    Enjoy. One thing I've noticed is that some games display far too small on it. For instance Solitaire+ is tiny, even in landscape. It looks like on both my other phones (S3, MaxxHD). My other Solitaires look just fine on all of them. I'm sure it's just a matter of coding for the higher display density, but it's annoying.

The phone is not perfect, but what is? Either is software, as in this game. But it's really sweet - the most powerful phone you can get your hands on at this time.
    jerseykirby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    I'd be careful using that kind of comparison if you are trying to imply Android is better. After all the iPhone is an Apple, which leave the turds for...
    Maybe I like turds