Slow charging

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, with almost every charger I use, my phone tells me that it is charging slow and for a faster charge to use the original charger. I am using the charger and adapter that came with my phone. Any one else have this issue or have any clue why it is doing this?
Here is a picture of the notification and the oem charger I am using.
Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362284015217.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362284015217.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 191
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362284030555.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362284030555.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 198

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, with almost every charger I use, my phone tells me that it is charging slow and for a faster charge to use the original charger. I am using the charger and adapter that came with my phone. Any one else have this issue or have any clue why it is doing this?
Here is a picture of the notification and the oem charger I am using.

I'd try another outlet if you haven't already

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting the slow charging message when I plug into my car chargers - whereas, up to 3 weeks ago, everything charged just fine.
Haven't yet gone through any "exhaustive" investigations, but it's interesting to hear that someone else is having a similar problem.

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed as well since the update

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Hmmmmm, hadn't thought of that. I do believe that's when the change happened. Guess I'll begin investigating. I'm pretty sure my car charger is putting out enough 'umph'.

bratt23

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having the same problem but so far only with my car charger and it started after the update. It was fine before?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
After switching outlets, it worked last night. But it stills happens frequently and with my OEM charger. I had this issue before the update, but only with non stock chargers. I am using the charger from the box and am now recieving this error almost everytime I plug in to charge.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought a charger with an output of 2.1a and it has been fine since.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
What I don't understand is why it would be telling me that my phone is charging slow and to use the factory charger when I'm using the factory charger.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Would a charger really go bad in four weeks though? Because that's how long I've had the phone. And I get the alert with every charger I use.

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I've only had it happen to me that one time since I've owned cellphones lol but it is possible. They can be defective just like any other product we buy. Those chargers are cheap brand new on eBay so I would try getting another OEM charger to see if it's your phone or not

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to restart your phone since this issue? Could be a software issue as well perhaps.? I've never seen this and I've used a Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, BlackBerry, and the original charger lol

GadgetMedic

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I cannot seem to find a pattern to it, but I agree: Happens since the update, and even with the HTC charger and cord. ARGH-rivating! SIM issue went away with a new SIM card last week, but still having the slow charging message.

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Today I tried a suggestion posted earlier to reboot/restart. I'm only getting the slow charging warning when charging through a car charger; so while plugged into the car charger, I did a restart. When the phone restarted, no slow charging warning. However, when I unplugged the phone from the car charger & then immediately re-plugged it into the same car charger, the warning came back. :'(

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had this issue sporadically, prior to the update. I think it might have started after I used my Nexus 7 charger once. I haven't really noticed whether it actually charges slower when that popup comes up. Have you ever used different chargers on this phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance