Issues with Call Quality?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if this is standard with the DNA, or if my personal device is having issues. My DNA has the worst call quality out of all my friends and family's phones; it's not a huuge problem because I text way more often than I call, but I'm sick of "I can't even hear what you're saying! say that again?? call me back!" conversations. It's definitely not an issue with the reception itself, as I still live and work in the same places. I can hear other people just fine, it's just that they can't hear me very well (sounds static-y, broken up).

Anyone whose previous device wasn't manufactured by HTC--have you also noticed a decrease in call quality?

talonsmith

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting nothing but positive comments about the call quality on my dna

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This is so frustrating :|. I don't have incredibly high expectations for this phone, but so far the battery life and call quality--two of the most essential qualities in a phone--are definitely a huge downgrade. Based on everyone's stellar reviews I'm guessing mine's busted, but I'm loathe to ship it off and be phoneless, especially since I seriously doubt HTC will replace it. Battery and call quality are, after all, "YMMV". I mean seriously, I had my screen on for a little over an hour, over a 3-hr time frame, and it drained 50%! I was just reading a pre-downloaded magazine and streaming low-quality music on Pandora. that can't be standard, can it?

Oh, and my GPS is messed up too; it takes 3 minutes on average to "locate" the GPS, and then it tells me to make turns I already made. On literally any other smartphone, it's near instantaneous. When I'm in the car with my sibling, we have to rely on her iphone 4 because this thing's GPS isn't trustworthy. :/

pcuciti

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
There are a number of customer reviews on the verizon website that complain about call quality. I don't have an answer, but it appears you are not alone.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Send it back/exchange it. Why live with an obvious dud? Not one of your complaints has happened to me or my DNA.

Just wanted to see if generally worse call quality was just a quirk with HTC phones, or if mine actually has issues.

It's just annoying because all of my issues could be considered "YMMV"--e.g., battery life, call quality, flickering GPS signal, etc; they might not actually *do* anything about it, and say those resulted from my location and/or usage. I've had that happen before on devices regarding battery life; I'd hate to have the phone sent away for weeks only to see no tangible improvement.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
What I have found with all of my phones on the Verizon network is that if you are connecting to someone on AT&Ts network most of the time my calls include a lot of digital garble. For some reason Verizon and AT&T dont seem to play well together. Next time you have a bad sounding cell call ask if the other party is on AT&Ts network. Any call I make to a land line is always crystal clear.

beirlilny

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have had call quality issues. If I am not holding my phone straight up and down against my face, people immediately tell me that they can't hear me. If I hold the phone against my face with my shoulder, my phone loses audio. If I hold it flat in front of my mouth (because the caller is so loud I don't need to hold it to my ear) my phone loses audio. If I so much as turn my head while holding the phone to my ear, my phone loses audio. Like you, I can hear the other people, but they can't hear me. I have been having this issue since I opened the box.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
What I have found with all of my phones on the Verizon network is that if you are connecting to someone on AT&Ts network most of the time my calls include a lot of digital garble. For some reason Verizon and AT&T dont seem to play well together. Next time you have a bad sounding cell call ask if the other party is on AT&Ts network. Any call I make to a land line is always crystal clear.

Good to know, thanks! Though almost everyone I talk to is on Verizon (my family members are among the noisiest about how 'they can barely hear me').

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have had call quality issues. If I am not holding my phone straight up and down against my face, people immediately tell me that they can't hear me. If I hold the phone against my face with my shoulder, my phone loses audio. If I hold it flat in front of my mouth (because the caller is so loud I don't need to hold it to my ear) my phone loses audio. If I so much as turn my head while holding the phone to my ear, my phone loses audio. Like you, I can hear the other people, but they can't hear me. I have been having this issue since I opened the box.

Haha . . "You're not holding it right" . . where have we heard *that* before ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2