Battery life issue - msm_hsic_host keeping phone awake!
I have noticed that after the VZW update my phone loses ~30% battery overnight (it used to be 3-5%) when the data/WiFi is switched off. After taking a deeper look I saw that "msm_hsic_host" in the kernel keeps the phone awake throughout the night. Does anyone know what is going on? Is there a way I can resolve this?
I googled this and found that many folks with the Nexus 4 using Cyanogenmod are also seeing this issue. So I am guessing this is related to the Qualcomm chip. It seems to be an issue with the radio.
- 03-06-2013, 11:24 AM #2
- 03-06-2013, 02:18 PM #4
Re: Battery life issue - msm_hsic_host keeping phone awake!
Do you have a lot of "No SIM Card" errors as well? I had the same issue with the msm_hsic_host wakelock for a few weeks and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with my SIM card. I normally would just reboot my phone to clear the error but one day I decided to eject the SIM and reseat it. Since then I have not had the SIM error and have noticed the wake time of msm_hsic_host is now in check... maybe 30-45 min over 16 hours instead of 15 hours out of 16 (i.e. every seconds that my screen was off).
- By Dragon1473 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 92Last Post: 05-17-2011, 11:40 AM
- By BigJohn826 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 1Last Post: 03-25-2011, 01:31 PM
- By Brademcee in forum AT&T ATRIXReplies: 2Last Post: 02-25-2011, 09:18 PM
- By slinky317 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2011, 10:49 AM
- By kalius in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 10Last Post: 09-01-2010, 09:53 AM