Lockscreen

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but then again I haven't read every HTC thread regarding HTC Sense 4?. I recently discovered that with Sense 4? you can disable the lockscreen, so if you were reading something, or doing something in an app and your screen times out, or you turn the display off, when you turn it back on, your right where you left off. What a nice feature.

Frank

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean:
Settings--> Security--> Screen lock--> None
?
If so...pretty sure that's not a Sense-exclusive & has been available for quite a while which would explain why you haven't read much of anything about it on here.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The way I did it was:

Settings>Personalize>Lock Screen Style
I'm not sure if it's the same or not, but it sure is a nice feature. Thanks for your information, I'm going to see if I can do that on my old HTC EVO 3D/ICS phone.

Frank

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean:
Settings--> Security--> Screen lock--> None
?
If so...pretty sure that's not a Sense-exclusive & has been available for quite a while which would explain why you haven't read much of anything about it on here.

I just checked out what you had mentioned and that is something completely different. That disables the user lock screen to prevent the phone from being used. What I was talking about is the Sense lockscreen with the lockring, this setting lets you completely bypass the screen with the lockring and go directly to your homescreen or whatever you were doing last.

Frank

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
What I was talking about is the Sense lockscreen with the lockring, this setting lets you completely bypass the screen with the lockring and go directly to your homescreen or whatever you were doing last.

That's what my method does...but I'm not on a DNA so maybe different.
When I select "None" & turn my screen off, turning it back on prompts no lockscreen & instead brings me right back to where I was.

Anyhow, yes the ability to not have a lockscreen is nice!
Though leaves your device open if lost/stolen.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I just checked my EVO, and the lockscreen in settings on that offers:
None, Face Unlock, Pattern, Pin and Password.
But the EVO is an ICS phone, whereas the DNA is a Jelly Bean phone. I'm just glad that it's available. Thanks for your information.

Frank