Facebook Build 141046 in Notification bar?

bluespyder117

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Found a fix by accident. Connect to a Wi-Fi source. It will automatically stop trying to download. Also on a side note it now shows up in the market for me but when it gets to 98% downloaded it says definitions invalid so I still can't update Facebook but at least I am No longer stuck in an infinite battery draining loop!

Joseph Consiglio

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. I deleted Facebook and reinstalled it to no avail. I then went to went to applications, manage applications chose all on the top, scrolled down to two icons which both said downloads pressed force stop on both. This seemed to fix the problem. Download bar in notifications is gone and it seems that Facebook is working fine now.

I have a Samsung Stratosphere.

I hope this helps someone. I get really frustrated with this type of problem.

Good luck!

crazykid25

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I went to the list of all apps > downloads> and it showed the Facebook Build 141046 in the list, so I cancelled it and it took the notification away.

DCGuru

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I went to the downloads in the apptray then checked it and deleted it. So far it has worked. I find it:mad: strange that facebook would send out a build directly to the phones without going through the play store. I also find it strange that there trying to force it on my unlocked Nexus without my permission. :mad:

viper229

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I went under other downloads, checked the box, and trashed it lol.. dunno what it was for nor do I care. If it was important enough, I'm sure it'll come back lol but it hasn't for a while now.

LisaCR

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
TY LindaJ I did exactly what you said on my phone and it got rid of it right away. It was in other downloads. It was driving me crazy! I had tried everything from removing the battery to reinstalling facebook. Not sure what it was or why it was there but facebook still seems to be working fine. :)

forceflo

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Cori Couture

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions and advice, folks. I was well and truly stymied and incredibly irritated by this "build" all day, but a combination of the suggestions in this forum did the trick. Yay!
On my Droid Charge, I had to:
1) Turn on Wifi
2) Go to Downloads
3) Select Other Downloads
4) Check the box next to: Facebook build 141046
5) Click Clear Selection

sumankjana

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I was facing the same problem today and fixed it by doing the following steps

Settings>Apps>ALL>Download Manager

1. Force Stop Download Manager