Replacement issue?

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this a couple of days ago (this was a refurbished warranty replacement I got a week or so ago). There seems to be a gap near the bottom, but I can't remember whether or not it was like this on the last unit. It looks like the capacitive button backlight can be seen at the gap between the plastic and glass. I don't care about it too much, but I don't think it would help resale value too much down the road if this is a problem.

4eda8yva.jpg

udumety4.jpg

avysu9ub.jpg

yme9e8uh.jpg

famouzstarz#AC

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
google DNA light leak, seems like its a common thing for some and not for others.

i remember when the thunderbolt came out it had bad light leak problems, i myself sent back 3 units for the problem. if you feel it will hurt the value send it back for another one. then again its hard to tell how good the seal between the bezel and digitizer would be.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a light leak on the screen from the capacitive buttons, but there should not be a gap between the glass and the back of the phone. I'd send it back. Looks like someone did a tear down and didn't reassemble it properly.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
google DNA light leak, seems like its a common thing for some and not for others.

i remember when the thunderbolt came out it had bad light leak problems, i myself sent back 3 units for the problem. if you feel it will hurt the value send it back for another one. then again its hard to tell how good the seal between the bezel and digitizer would be.

Yea same here with the thunderbolt. I dont have it on this DNA however. They use double faced tape to glue the digitizer down to the chassis, what you are seeing are gaps in the tape where its not sticking down completely. The tape also serves as a gasket of sorts as well.

Last edited:

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So,I got the thing replaced and the one they sent me is either missing the right-most capacitive button led bulb or it has burnt out. 100-point inspection nonsense in such BS. I've about had it with Verizon.

mu6ubany.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz