What the what?? Nova launcher disappeared, how do I reset it as the default??

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So I restarted my phone this morning, because it was acting a little wonky. Truth be told I've had battery/GPS/misc issues, but I haven't bothered sending it in to get fixed just yet--I'm pretty skeptical they'd actually fix anything, and I don't want to go weeks without my DNA.

Soooo, upon restart, it made the "DROID!!!!" noise, which it stopped doing months ago. I thought that was weird, but thought nothing of it. Upon restart, Nova Launcher was totally gone and I was stuck with Sense! I restarted it again, but the same thing happened. Do do I possibly restore Nova Launcher without erasing all my customization?? On my Nexus 7 I'm pretty sure I was able to easily set defaults, but with Sense our options are severely limited. I clicked NL, and it opens the launcher like how it used to be--until I press the home button, and it disappears... Seriously, what the--?? I've never had this happen to a device before, I know NL can be a little buggy but I'm petty sure my DNA is at fault here, not the launcher.

Under "personalize", you can choose ""scenes"" and ""skins"", but literally all that does is change the background and maybe some app rearrangement. There's no apparent way to change the default launcher :|.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
So I restarted my phone this morning, because it was acting a little wonky. Truth be told I've had battery/GPS/misc issues, but I haven't bothered sending it in to get fixed just yet--I'm pretty skeptical they'd actually fix anything, and I don't want to go weeks without my DNA.

Soooo, upon restart, it made the "DROID!!!!" noise, which it stopped doing months ago. I thought that was weird, but thought nothing of it. Upon restart, Nova Launcher was totally gone and I was stuck with Sense! I restarted it again, but the same thing happened. Do do I possibly restore Nova Launcher without erasing all my customization?? On my Nexus 7 I'm pretty sure I was able to easily set defaults, but with Sense our options are severely limited. I clicked NL, and it opens the launcher like how it used to be--until I press the home button, and it disappears... Seriously, what the--?? I've never had this happen to a device before, I know NL can be a little buggy but I'm petty sure my DNA is at fault here, not the launcher.

Set nova as default launcher. You might be able to disable sense. I'm not too sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Set nova as default launcher. You might be able to disable sense. I'm not too sure.

lol of course I want to set it as the default, but how? Nada under 'personalization'; can't change anything under app info; 'app associations' just has things like my email address or default media player; I can't disable Sense; nothing I can do in 'developer options' either. I think HTC Sense was built with people like my mom in mind, who don't want or need options.

I first started to notice issues this morning, when my alarm clock was messing up--it was showing as 'still ringing', and wouldn't let me disable it. So I figured a restart would set it straight--unfortunately that only made things worse :/.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
lol of course I want to set it as the default, but how? Nada under 'personalization'; can't change anything under app info; 'app associations' just has things like my email address or default media player; I can't disable Sense; nothing I can do in 'developer options' either. I think HTC Sense was built with people like my mom in mind, who don't want or need options.

I first started to notice issues this morning, when my alarm clock was messing up--it was showing as 'still ringing', and wouldn't let me disable it. So I figured a restart would set it straight--unfortunately that only made things worse :/.

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall nova?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
finally got it, thanks! I just had to go into NL settings lol. still strange it bugged out like that, but at least I know how to fix it :)

sylentears

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Solution

if you can see Nova settings icon on any slide home or else. open settings and go to backup and import, then select import, then from default launcher which is built-in by ROM. it will restore your default settings.
i face broken icons and empty slide. by apply this method i got it works.

try it.

bluelinesystem.com
IT Professional

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had a number of issues of late with launchers adw on gf phon and nova on mine, at one point I had to uninstall and reinstall nova, generally has been a pain.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke