Thinking of upgrading to the DNA

timber6

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I currently have an incredible 2 & my upgrade is for April 11th. Been going back & forth between the DNA & RAZR Maxx HD but I have a few questions about the DNA.

Have any of you had issues w/contact pics being blurry or the phone not connecting to the mobile network? Those are some of the issues I have w/the incredible 2 & I'm hoping they aren't an HTC problem.

I also noticed after someone pointed it out in the forum the DNA isn't available on Verizon's website! Now I wonder if I should just wait for the next HTC Verizon phone or catch a great sale on the DNA

danrmnc

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Love my DNA--I do have some blurry contact pics, but no trouble connecting to the network. Be sure to keep it in a case though--I've learned the hard way that the screen cracks, especially when one of the corners hits the ground first. Great resolution, second best camera I've seen on a phone, very fast, easy to use...no drawbacks for me thus far. I've heard the RAZR Maxx is a great phone with lower screen quality but longer battery life. I doubt you'll regret either phone. Good luck!

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine two weeks ago, definitely get a case, no issues at all. My price from amazon wireless was 49.99. Hard to beat. Love the wireless charging, and battery life is not half as bad as I thought. I get 10-12 hrs with steady use. 5.5 hrs and still at 75%. I love mine, came from an HTC one v with the crappy virgin mobile.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Just wait a month or two would be my avice. Seems very likely that there's an upgraded version/the HTC one coming soon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I got tired of chasing the unicorn...no matter what there will always be something newer in 6 months or sooner. Had rezound...before that the incredible. Loved them both but got tired of rezounds battery life. I just jumped to DNA...battery is awesome!! Went with this over RAZR maxx HD because I'm fine with 16gb and anything is better than rezound battery. lol...otherwise this blows the maxx away..jellybean out of box, 2gb ram, big and best screen out there.....and an entire day on one charge!! And the beats headphones from rezound work on this...I mean the toggle buttons on the headphones Highly recommend!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been considering the DNA as well. I noticed that it disappeared from Verizon's website today. We'll have to see what happens with the DNA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I got tired of chasing the unicorn...no matter what there will always be something newer in 6 months or sooner. Had rezound...before that the incredible. Loved them both but got tired of rezounds battery life. I just jumped to DNA...battery is awesome!! Went with this over RAZR maxx HD because I'm fine with 16gb and anything is better than rezound battery. lol...otherwise this blows the maxx away..jellybean out of box, 2gb ram, big and best screen out there.....and an entire day on one charge!! And the beats headphones from rezound work on this...I mean the toggle buttons on the headphones Highly recommend!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Well yeah but this is different. Were talking about just an upgraded version of the DNA in a month or two tops. Sure would suck to get the DNA and then bam theres the DNA +.

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Completely understand...I had gone a month will the ability to upgrade...just happy I did

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I switched over to Verizon 2 weeks ago, and went with the Droid DNA over the Galaxy S III, Note 2, and iPhone5. I really love the device and have no issues at all with it. The battery life is awesome and blows the iPhone5 (my previous device) battery life big time

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA LTE Device

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a ics one v, this thing is blazing fast and the display....wow. I couldn't be more stoked! Get it if being discontinued doesn't matter to you.

timber6

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks you all for your responses...I went to a verizon carrier store & held all the phones in my hand to get a good feel for them. I actually picked up a Galaxy S3 & it didn't feel as cheap as i thought it would. Talked to the rep there & he said he hadn't seen much complaining from the folks who have bought a S3. Sadly, they didn't have the DNA for $50 like I saw on Amazon, but I wonder if they could match it? I'm going to look at some more reviews, i'm really torn, but I feel like between the DNA, Razr or GS3 i should be able to get a phone i can enjoy...

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks you all for your responses...I went to a verizon carrier store & held all the phones in my hand to get a good feel for them. I actually picked up a Galaxy S3 & it didn't feel as cheap as i thought it would. Talked to the rep there & he said he hadn't seen much complaining from the folks who have bought a S3. Sadly, they didn't have the DNA for $50 like I saw on Amazon, but I wonder if they could match it? I'm going to look at some more reviews, i'm really torn, but I feel like between the DNA, Razr or GS3 i should be able to get a phone i can enjoy...

1st off I'm glad you are sticking with android.... Next let me ask you a few questions.... Like 3 or so.

1. What's your price range?

2. Are you looking to buy accessories to go with the new phone?

3. Do you want a well built phone that is feature packed?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Verizon does not price match. Picked up my DNA in February for $199. If you are looking for cheaper, try best buy, amazon, or wirefly. But beware, they have additional terms of service like secondary etfs if you choose to termintate service in a set amount of time.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

chase1963

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Verizon does not price match. Picked up my DNA in February for $199. If you are looking for cheaper, try best buy, amazon, or wirefly. But beware, they have additional terms of service like secondary etfs if you choose to termintate service in a set amount of time.

Don't believe there's secondary ETF's for Best Buy. I'm almost positve Amazon doesn't either, but used too. Don't know anything about Wirefly. :D

It's a little crazy that in 2013, Verizon corporate stores won't price match their top-premier resellers (BB & Amazon). Makes little sense to me. Really it's the "suits" that want their bottom line padded as much as possible. The commission sales people get the bad end of the stick in corporate locations with no wiggle room. :confused:

Last edited:

timber6

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I'm definitely an android girl. A few friends were definitely trying to get me to take a bite from the Apple, but with a Nexus 7, why would I bother with an iPhone? Android has suited me just fine :) I'm trying to save a few dollars, I have a $100 gift card, so i'm trying to hover around that price. The 2 main accessories I'll go with are a car dock & a TPU cover, those are the only ones I'll need. I think it would be cool do to wireless charging, but if I have to buy another cover & the charger, it becomes less impressive. I definitely want a well built phone with as little issues as possible. I appreciate having a good camera, a phone with decent battery life (I've been used to carrying a charger in my purse just in case, so i'd be nice to have extra space in my bag, but not a deal breaker), and I'd like my phone to at least come with Jelly Bean. With Verizon, i don't expect many updates, so I'd like the phone to be able to withstand 2years of updates and not be a disaster by the time my next upgrade comes around.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't believe there's secondary ETF's for Best Buy. I'm almost positve Amazon doesn't either, but used too. Don't know anything about Wirefly. :D

It's a little crazy that in 2013, Verizon corporate stores won't price match their top-premier resellers (BB & Amazon). Makes little sense to me. Really it's the "suits" that want their bottom line padded as much as possible. The commission sales people get the bad end of the stick in corporate locations with no wiggle room. :confused:

There was an etf with amazon when we looked into getting our phones from them two months ago.

timber6

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I read the "fine print" on amazon & they had some ETF on top of whatever Verizon is bringing to the table. I think both the DNA & GS3 are $50 on Amazon. I think the only positive for buying from the Verizon carrier (it isn't a corporate store, just one of those secondary verizon carrier stores, but i'm sure they do the same "we don't match prices" practices) is that I can get my phone a week before my upgrade date and walk out of the store with the phone in my hand.

XenIneX

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

As of this past Wednesday, AmazonWireless's secondary ETF was $400 if you cancel within 180 days, where Wirefly's was $200. Also, Amazon now charges sales tax, while Wirefly doesn't. AmazonWireless also doesn't offer next-day shipping, whereas Wirefly does (for a fee, of course).

That said, judging by the cookiecutter website templates, I suspect that AmazonWireless and Wirefly (and RadioShackWireless) are all the same company, just funneling a cut of the money different ways depending on the URL you ride in on...

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd get a DNA over the GS3. Its a newer phone and has a lot of really nice features built in with an amazing screen. The only other phone I'd consider on Verizon is the RAZR max HD but only if your looking for a phone with long battery life. GS3 is a nice phone but Verizon has better offerings currently, even the RAZR max HD is a better choice then GS3 in my opinion.

Either way you'll have a really nice phone for the next two years.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
My son and I both got a DNA with the last month from Wirefly (me about a month ago and him last week). I'm very happy with the phones. Around here, Verizon has the best coverage and I don't foresee canceling in the next few years.

Even though the rumor is that the DNA well be replaced, I love this phone. I do think it's my fault, though. The last three phones I've gotten have been replaced with weeks of me getting them. Apparently, I'm the kiss of death on phones. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers